IGNORED

Retaining pre-gaps for specific audio tracks

Hey all,

I just started working for a ballet company that uses Cds as their main audio playback. Each of the show Master CDs have pregaps ranging from 00 seconds to 05 seconds. I am told that it is crucial these timings remain intact, as the dance is already choreographed with these timings built in.

Here is my dilemma: There are a few edits that need to be made on a few specific tracks, ie shorten one, take out one etc. but when i rip the CD, even with XLD (and it shows me the various pregap times) when i go to burn the CD from itunes the Pregap no longer exists. I'm wondering how to retain the specific pregrap timings for the tracks, even after editing. What software can I use for this? It would be one thing if all the gaps were the same length, but unfortunately, they are all over the place. Is there someway i can use a CUE sheet to relay the timings when burning a new CD? If so, how..

Anyone have any advice? If you need more clarification, I can do my best to explain better.

Thanks!

Jkgw

Hey all,

I just started working for a ballet company that uses Cds as their main audio playback. Each of the show Master CDs have pregaps ranging from 00 seconds to 05 seconds. I am told that it is crucial these timings remain intact, as the dance is already choreographed with these timings built in.

Here is my dilemma: There are a few edits that need to be made on a few specific tracks, ie shorten one, take out one etc. but when i rip the CD, even with XLD (and it shows me the various pregap times) when i go to burn the CD from itunes the Pregap no longer exists. I'm wondering how to retain the specific pregrap timings for the tracks, even after editing. What software can I use for this? It would be one thing if all the gaps were the same length, but unfortunately, they are all over the place. Is there someway i can use a CUE sheet to relay the timings when burning a new CD? If so, how..

Anyone have any advice? If you need more clarification, I can do my best to explain better.

Thanks!

Jkgw

you can use this:

Sonic Studio Professional Audio For Mastering And Restoration Systems