IGNORED

40% off selected Qobuz highres downloads

Nicely timed to coincide with Qobuz' arrival in the USA. Yup, got an email from them this morning.

Thanks for pointing this out. Sure enough, I got an email too. Off to incur a monthly obligation, I think.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Hmm. Apparently there's still no Qobuz streaming service in the US? If that's the case, I'm disappointed.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Except I'm only registered here in Los Angeles with no UK server account so my country of service is the US and I received the email also.

My situation is very similar. I'm just registered in Virginia, with no overseas account. I definitely have signed up to be notified when Qobuz streaming is available in the US, but nothing beyond that. I can only conclude the email was sent in error to those of us registered in the US.

--David

I registered my email address with Qobuz 3 months ago and received the following email:

"We have updated your account. Now you can use our services on Qobuz. Please note, apps and interface will be in French."

Did you receive a similar email?

I didn't get anything like that, AFAIK. If I log in to Qobuz and try to sign up for one of the subscription services, I get a message at the top of the sign-up page that says, "Cette offre n'est pas accessible depuis votre pays (United States)," so Qobuz knows where I am, and they're not playing any locality games with me. So I'm sticking with my "email sent out to a bunch of people in error" theory.

I have to say — even though I'm not exactly Mr Law and Order — I'm a little shocked by these locality deals Qobuz seems to be making with a number of US customers. Bob, you know a lot more about IP law than I do, but this doesn't seem like a great course of action for a company that ultimately plans to have a legitimate presence in the US but hasn't yet closed all the necessary deals.

--David