IGNORED

Novice Question, Does computer and OS really matter??

The novice OP probably didn't realize that he needed to duck after posing this question.

I used to believe that "bits is bits", but I tried some USB cables and upgraded my OS and now I'm firmly in the camp that believes that these things matter a great deal.

Honestly, I have yet to hear an OS or cable that sounds awful. Had I not ever heard the improvements that are possible by upgrading both, I would have been happy with the sound I was getting. But upgrading from a standard USB cable to a Mapleshade Clearlink Plus made a noticeable improvement for me. I've tried other (more expensive) cables that didn't work as well in my system.

The most significant upgrade of this kind for me was definitely to Windows Server 2012 and audioPhil's Audiophile Optimizer. In short, the Optimizer lived up to all of the claims made for it. I wouldn't be without it.

There are many here those who have lots of scientific reasons why these kinds of things shouldn't matter, but I listened for myself and the difference was apparent, to me and audiophile friends of mine.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i