IGNORED

Auralic Lightning DS App (Software) - Impressions and Information

No, but I'm not sure Auralic wants to be "married" to CA, so they need to own this for their own users, and have the directions and examples from an Aries (renderer) and Lightning (control point) perspective, IMO.

I agree that Auralic has to own it and I also agree that they should have their own moderated user forum, just as many other software and hardware developers have. At the same time, it would be realistic for Auralic to come up with a user manual that acknowledges other software apps, telling users how to integrate said apps with the Aries. I know that it's not the same, but Auralic already has proven experience with coming up with a useful online downloadable guide for using the Vega with 3rd party software products like jriver and Audirvana. Learn from PS Audio's experience by first making it easily usable.

In the end, though, Auralic has stated ambitious plans for coming up with exciting add on features (e.g., room correction) and that, to me, is one of the most promising aspects of what Auralic has envisioned for their own in house developed software.

Esau

• 1 month later...

A heads up for folks who have Xfinity/Comcast as their ISP and phone carrier and are considering purchasing an Aries. Xfinity's previous router tops out at 2.4 GHz but their new router, the Gateway 2, adds 5 GHz capability. They don't notify current users of the upgrade and they only offer it routinely for new subscribers. My local Xfinity store only stocks the old unit.

If you call Xfinity, however, you can order the new unit for a nominal shipping charge. If you don't use Xfinity for both phone and internet service this does not apply to you as you can, of course, purchase your own 5GHz router instead of renting one from Xfinity.

Esau

• 9 months later...
Like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19553[/ATTACH]

I never use anything but library view.

Jason, do you think there's hope to salvage the Folder view from Auralic's plans to discontinue it? Like you, I use the library view but I have some folders that I like to go to from time to time, e.g., I have a folder for MA Recordings, a folder for Soundkeeper Recordings, etc. As I see it, there's no special updated features needed to use the folder view as is.

Also, how does Auralic plan to integrate with Roon without moving to developing ASIO capability for the Vega and the ARIES? ASIO capability would be very nice to have, particularly given the ASIO DACs(like the exasound line) that are currently non-compatible with the ARIES.