IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

I am very interested in an Aries but don't understand how it works. I currently use a Logitech Touch via ethernet to a Vega and find it very easy to use.I listen mostly to internet radio and like how it is easy to find different types of music with the Touch. Can I play internet radio and music from my hard drive on my computer... I'm pretty stupid when it comes to computers and streaming. Please explain. Thanks...

I have a bunch of flacs on my computer HD. Would the Aries play them better then the Touch. If yes I could put up with equal sounding internet radio. I just don't know how I would get internet radio like pandora or spotify with the Aries.. I really don't want to pay for Tidal. To much money... I like pulling up genres like 40's,50's,60's, country,rock, ect on the Touch. Is there a way to do this with the Aries?

Is there really any benefit in owning an Aries or can I just go direct to the Vega via USB and use something like Foobar as a player and get the same results? Do I have to go through LMS with using the Aries. As you can see I'm pretty stupid when it comes to streaming music.

The Vega has improved the internet radio tremendously. I was using a TubeDac 11 which sounded very nice but the Vega is sooooo better. The Tubedac 11 is for sale... I did try the Teddy Pardo PS but sent it back. I'm waiting on a refund. Didn't change things a whole lot. I want the Aries. I just don't think I will be capable of getting it up and running the way I want...

If it was me and I was playing mostly 128 Kbps internet radio ( and that's the highest rate of most channels ) I would stick with the Squeezebox touch

And if you own the Vega , sell it .

If it was me I would keep the Vega and get the Aries and listen to more Flac and high res radio if I can figure out how to use it....

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if you took offence. It was not my intention. I was just highlighting how easily people get offended (QED) when others are trying to help/inform them. I believe that the person who replied to your post had no intention to slight you.

And as for guns, a peculiar American problem that has a simple solution that some, with power, influence and money, will not allow to happen. They prefer the status quo of continuing death and violence.

Not just an American problem. A world problem. Ask the people in Paris.

As in Americans have a right to carry arms as a matter of course. If guns were not carried there would be less killing.

Paris - that was plotted by people who have no respect for life and a sad reflection of the times we find ourselves living in.

I say people all over the world has gone crazy. I am 65 years old. When I was very young, 12 years old we never locked our doors at home. I had access to a gun cabinet full of rifles and pistols. We lived next to the woods. It was nothing to come home from school and grab a gun and go into the woods and target practice. Those days are gone. We never thought about bringing a gun to school or ever doing any harm to anyone. It's not the gun that kills it's the person behind it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Roon has a that I absolutely love called Roon Radio, which isn't available on LDS. Roon will essentially just create a playlist on the fly of random tracks similar to the track you just played. So a track from Yes, could lead to a track from ELP, then to Genesis, and so on.

I can't tell you how many times I've been surprised to hear tracks I didn't even realize were in my library. Music discovery is what makes Roon worth the money to me.

As far as SQ, I can't say I hear a difference.

Lastly, I like that the Roon app for iOS takes me right back to where I left it after it returns to the foreground. It's inexcusable that LDS can't do this.

What bitrates does the radio play at?