IGNORED

E-Mu 1212m spdif input -> Meridian Director USB DAC output???

Hi all.

I have an old E-Mu 1212m PCI sound card in my computer. However, I recently started using a Meridian Director USB DAC for playback. The reason why I don't just use the E-mu is that I have music with a variety of different sample rates and it is just a pain (when using Wasapi exclusive mode) to switch session every time you change to a song with a different sample rate. And, in any case, I like the sound of the Meridian. However, I also want to be able to record guitar from my Line 6 POD-HD500X, or just play along with songs and have both music and my guitar come out my monitor speakers (which are attached to a passive mixer, which is attached to the Meridian) rather than crank up my tube amp. Since adding the Meridian though I can't monitor the guitar audio. Is anyone aware whether I can record using the E-mu but monitor with the Meridian? For example is it possible for the E-mu recording driver to pass the signal to the Meridian playback driver?? I'm afraid that the Patchmix software which comes with the E-mu is pretty much beyond me so some simple pointers would be most appreciated.

Appreciate the help.

Regards,

Allan

Hi all.

I've had no luck with this and have decided to look at USB interfaces as opposed to a standalone DAC. I've given up on the 1212/Meridian combination. Thanks to all who looked in on my post.

Regards,

Allan

Hi all.

I've had no luck with this and have decided to look at USB interfaces as opposed to a standalone DAC. I've given up on the 1212/Meridian combination. Thanks to all who looked in on my post.

Regards,

Allan

Probably a good idea to give up on the 1212m. As good as this interface was, I got rid of mine...geez...has to have been like 8-9 years ago. Support has to have dwindled down to nothing by now. USB interfaces are much easier to get up and running now days. There's good driver support for most of the newer gear and with all choices available, you shouldn't have any problem finding a decent interface to fulfill your needs. Good luck with your research and and best wishes on your purchase.

What an absolute joy! Roland quad-capture took barely minutes to install and setup, automatically changes sample rate to match file being played (oh joy!), guitar plugged in via Line 6 POD 500X spdif and it JUST WORKED!! The amount of grief I have had with my old 1212 - grief I just expected was the way of things in the digital recording world. Apparently not. Replaced my Meridian Director, E-Mu 1212 and an SM Audio M-Patch2 with a single Roland device. Very happy camper.