IGNORED

HQ Player

_20240226131821.thumb.png.2323641dcc3022a8bfca7b9abbdc5688.png

我有个小小的建议,对于本地曲库,不知能不能把HQplayer Client的媒体库新增一个按专辑发行日期排序功能,这样看起来会更友好些,目前我是在风格标签里区分艺术家专辑归类,如果只按专辑显示,会很乱,不是按专辑发行日期来排序,然后媒体库界面与播放界面的封面不要透明化显示,不然会有图像重叠视觉让我不太舒服!!如果有人喜欢这样的透明显示也可以新增一个功能来让我们选择是否需要开启透明显示还是不透明显示。

2 hours ago, Miska said:

这意味着卷积滤波器是 17400 个抽头。

不。。。

你好,我在ROON社区看了你对A26DAC的一些相关描述,我现在也更新了最新固件,现在设置为DSD直接模式,DSD滤波器设为宽频,播放96音频升频DSD256,不能设置为48x256,否则就全是噪音,但可以设置为48X512,若44.1X256升频对于96音源升频就是DSD6.1,我是不是要在输出设置里关掉48KDSD及自适应选项,这样就统一升频到44.1X256,即DSD11.28,无论是44.1还是48的音源统一升到DSD256,这样的升频DSD有没有什么坏处呢?

我想问的是,音源是96k,升频非倍数的DSD11.28,是好还是坏呢?因为你在ROON社区说了A26的AKM4499EX只有在DSD128-256是所谓的原生DSD解码,即DSD直接模式生效,但不能用48X256,我试了也确实不能!这样是否印证了A26不支持48KDSD的DSD直接模式,同是我也不能理解,为什么DSD64或DSD512就不能走这个DSD直接通道呢?AKM4191好像有这个1bit通道!好奇怪,若我用FOOBAR播放DSD64音频,即使我开启了DSD直接模式,DSD64数据也不是走直接通道?

45 minutes ago, bogi said:

@woshifeng3627A26 没有为 DSD512 实施直接 DSD。

您可以在发布之前使用 Google Translator 将您的文本翻译成英文吗?

Google software cannot be used in China. Let me use other tools to translate it into English. I am not sure if your browser can translate Chinese into English. I can use Microsoft's Edge browser to directly translate your English into Chinese. As you said, A26 does not enable DSD direct mode for DSD512, so does DSD64 also not? If I use HQ upscaling DSD to select 44.1k x256, do I still need to check the 48KDSD option and adaptive rate on the output interface? If left unchecked, playing 48K multiples audio will also be forced to upshift to the corresponding non multiples DSD rate. I wonder if such upscaling will cause any loss in sound quality! Still check 48KDSD and adaptive rate in the output interface, but only 44.1x256 can be selected, so for 48K multiples, the sound source will increase to DSD6.12 rate! Cannot choose 48X256, otherwise it will be all noise! It is estimated that the AKM4499EX of A26 does not support 48KDSD playback!

The DSD direct mode of A26 can only operate on DSD128-256. Is it a problem with AKM4191+AKM4499EX or with A26 design? I don't know if it's possible to continue with firmware repairs, so that DSD512 can also use the DSD direct channel, which would be even more perfect! So, to what extent can the upscaling of PCM bypass the built-in PCM filter of A26, or do we need to use the wide fit in the DSD filter like in DSD direct mode, which one should we choose for the PCM filter of A26?

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

It is design feature of the AKM chipset.

There's no bypass function, so you will have some filter plus the modulator always engaged with PCM inputs.

Thank you very much for your answer. Now I know how to use HQplayer to upshift DSD, and DSD256 is enough! If you want to upshift the DSD512 or above, it seems that you can only wait for the replacement of the R2R DAC in the future. By the way, can the newly released ESS9039Spro DAC machine bypass its internal oversampling processing by raising the frequency to a certain speed through HQ to the DSD? I don't know how much speed the DSD needs to upshift to for the best performance state, because I may consider purchasing the DAC or R2R DAC for this chip in the future.

My friend is using the Chord Hugo 2 decoder. After checking, it seems that the decoder does not have a NOS switch and is not a chip DAC. However, it also states that it can play back native DSD, and the machine is only equipped with four filters. I wonder if it is possible to bypass the built-in filter processing of the Chord Hugo 2 using HQ upscaling DSD! I don't understand how Chord Hugo 2 performs DA conversion on DSD!

7 minutes ago, bogi said:

My experience with ESS chip based DACs is that they sound best when fed by DSD signal.

Technical difference is that with DSD input complete oversampling up to  delta sigma modulator operating frequency (usual values are like 11.3 or 22.6 MHz) is skipped.

When providing 705.6 or 768k PCM input to DAC chip the rest of oversampling up to those 11.3 or 22.6 MHz is not skipped.

That means for the DAC of ESS chips, using a 5EC modulator is the best solution when upscaling to DSD512 or above!!

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

It still is, and needs to be, converted back to unary weighted set. AK4499EX has 128 conversion elements. 7-bit weighted encoding is used to save a lot of device pins. Otherwise these two chips would need to have 128 pins to transfer data between the chips, instead of just 7. It would make both chips physically much bigger, increase cost and it would also increase cost of every DAC using these chips. Remember that design of these chips is largely cost driven.

It runs at the DSD sampling rate, so it is 1/1. Using something else would change the response.

The AKM4191+4499ex DSD passthrough design is deceiving consumers. When you enable DSD passthrough and play back SACD's DSD64, it actually does not go through the DSD direct channel. I have a question, why is the DSD filter still effective when DSD direct mode is turned on? If DSD direct mode is not enabled, will the DSD filter no longer function? If DSD is not upscaled and only DSD64 is played, would it be better to set the DSD filter to narrowband? Now my DSD operation for the new AKM chip is becoming increasingly chaotic! I completely don't understand this design concept!

Can the album interface of HQployer Client not be displayed transparently with the currently playing album cover? There will always be overlapping images in this way, which is very uncomfortable. Alternatively, provide an option for consumers to choose whether transparent display is required. Can the album list also be sorted by artist and album release date? I think this is a very good feature.

.thumb.jpg.269fa7800b26f01330af59f868f13525.jpg

Actually, before using HQplayer, I always used FOOBAR. I wonder if in the future, FB can also push audio data to HQplayer like ROON, but I don't like the habit of using ROON! I have many SACDrips, all of which are ISO. Now, for the HQplayer Client, I have extracted a considerable portion of them as DSF for HQ to use!

1 hour ago, Miska said:

I've added configuration option to the Client control panel for this transparency. Will be included in next release.

I am very much looking forward to the next version being released soon, and can I download the Android controller through other means? I am unable to access the Google Store

Just updated to HQPlayer 5 Desktop 5.5.1, now the album list can be set to opaque, which is a great feature. Can we still sort the album list according to the rule of album artist+album release date? Because I have many local solo artist albums, I am accustomed to starting from the artist's first album to the last one! This also conforms to daily editing habits and personal normal logical thinking.

For example, all of Wang Jie's albums are not sorted by album release date, which would disrupt my selection habits. If I could arrange them by album release date, I would know what the artist's first and last albums were, as well as which albums have been released over the years! Instead of relying solely on pictures to select and listen like now!

.thumb.jpg.9d7942e3e15670e0cb5e0940cba23382.jpg

I wonder if HQ player client can add a new function, that is, memory window. For example, after I open the window and adjust the appropriate window size, the next time I open it, it will change back to the default window size. This way makes me very worried. Then I can lock the connection of the desktop version instead of needing to click localhost frequently. I actually chose the desktop version on the PC side, and I need the client controller, What I need is a long-term and stable connection to the desktop version of the program. Even if I open them next time, they will still be in a well connected state. This way, I will reduce many unnecessary operations, such as frequent clicking on localhost and adjusting the client window to the appropriate size. I believe these functions can be developed, and I also believe many people who use the client will like my suggestions. In addition, as I mentioned earlier, sorting the album list by album artist+album release date would be the most powerful local music player. For someone like me who doesn't listen to streaming, there really isn't a need for ROON or other players. HQplayer is already enough for me to listen to music quietly!

I upscaled to PCM-768 and switched several filters on the A26 PCM, but I didn't feel any sound changes. If I didn't upshift and switch, the changes would still be very noticeable. Does this mean that upgrading to 768K bypasses the built-in frequency up mechanism?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, @Miska, have you heard about the newly launched Singxer SDA-6 PRO2 DAC? Their DAC provides the NOS switch for DSD, but it doesn't seem to have the DSD filter option. They also said that in NOS mode, it can support DSD512 passthrough and 48KDSD passthrough mode. I said A26 also uses the same chip components. Why can A26 only bypass DSD under DSD128-256, while yours can support DSD512 passthrough mode, They said it's because the SDA-6 PRO2 DAC has been developed more completely, so in NOS mode, it supports DSD64-512 through the DSD bypass channel. If it's an IIS input, it also supports DSD1024. Then I thought of what you once said, AKM4191+4499EX chip components can only bypass DSD under DSD128-256. So I'm a bit confused now. Is it really due to the chip that it can't support DSD512 to go through the DSD bypass channel?

30 minutes ago, bogi said:

AK4191EQ 在 DSD512 上支持 DSDD 位 = “1”(直接 DSD),但 Gustard 产品没有实现它。
image.png.74ea716261b71ce1661918793b1c5eb7.png

image.png.9fc46df1c90b1aa4c527d51bebcfdb45.png

It seems that if there is a chance, I also need to consider whether to switch to SDA-6 PRO2 DAC, haha! We also look forward to you or anyone who can obtain the DAC and test the data to see if it is better.

5 hours ago, Miska said:

好吧,您确实可以使用 DSD512 获得声音,但它不能直接工作。如果您查看数据表AK4499EX您可以看到 DAC 芯片只能以 DSD128 或 DSD256 速率工作。

关于这些事情,不要太相信那些 AKM 数据表,因为它们并没有真正按照他们在那里记录的方式工作。

它已经变得就像 ESS 数据表一样......😂

It seems that the problem is not with the AKM4191EQ, but with the 4499EX. Even if the 4191EQ supports the DSD512 bypass channel, data transmission to the 4499EX cannot obtain normal sound. Just like A26, when DSD direct mode is turned on, the sound produced by inputting DSD512 will have a lot of noise. We can only hope that the next AKM flagship chip will perform well. Currently, the 4499EX is not perfect, and I believe that AKM will soon have a replacement. We also look forward to the opportunity for you to test the SDA-6 PRO2 DAC and see if it can truly solve the problem of DSD512 producing perfect sound.

8 minutes ago, bogi said:

但是芯片之间的接口是 5 到 7 位二进制加权的,因此如果实现这样的事情,可以及时传输转换为二进制加权的 DSD 位组。我们大概在一年前讨论过这个问题,在你测量之前。我的意思是像 DoP 这样的东西 - 它以低于 DSD 速率 (352.7k) 的 PCM 速率 (5.6M) 传输 DSD 位。与 DoP 的唯一显着区别是临时二进制加权编码以备用芯片引脚。

我怎么看:如果直接 DSD512 不起作用,那是关于不正确的文档或有缺陷的芯片实现,而不是关于不可能。

I think you need an SDA-6 PRO2 DAC to test and you'll know the answer. I'm really looking forward to it, haha

38 minutes ago, bogi said:

绝对不是,在 Miska 的最新帖子之后,我不希望它真的可以作为直接 DSD。

我说的是,它可以在SDA-6 PRO2上播放而不会出现播放问题,但不知道它是否是直接的DSD路径。

Mmm, if I don't turn on DSD direct mode, my A26 can still work at DSD512 speed and support 48K DSD upscaling. However, this won't bypass the built-in modulator, and the sound is not as clean as the DSD256 in DSD direct mode, which is a noticeable difference. It seems that there is no need to consider changing the DAC for now, just continue listening. Besides, my computer is now upscaling DSD256 easily, so I will wait for AKM to release a new chip before making a decision, I personally really like the sound characteristics of AKM chips, especially in terms of vocal performance, which is much better than ESS chips. My previous DAC was X26PRO, which used two ES9038PROs. However, if I mainly listen to classical music, ES chips are a good choice, but unfortunately I don't listen to classical music! I have also heard of R26, and after listening for a day, I returned it and replaced it with A26. Now A26 has been listening to it for over a year, and it's not bad!