IGNORED

HQ Player

• 7 months later...

EC modulators are mysterious - on the I5-8600T (3.5GHz boots mode, low TDP CPU) on Windows Server 2019 with buffer settings 250ms I can upsample any bitrate  (44.1k, 48kHz...192kHz) to 11.2896Mhz with ASDM5EC poly-ext2 with near 100%  CPU load without shuttering i n long time , on Ubuntu Server (various kernels)  I got shutters.

• 2 weeks later...

I have problem with CUDA offload with HQPlayer 4 & HQP Embedded on Ubuntu Studio 18.04 - CUDA offload dont't work - it is turn on in applications, but nvidia-smi don't show hqplayer process and CPU usage don't change . To testing drivers and others ok - I installed HQPlayer3 - CUDA  works ok. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, sbenyo said:

I am using hqplayer with ryzen threadripper 1920x. It works fine most of the time with the most demanding filters (xtr-lp) up sampling  to DSD512.

From some reason I cannot use CUDA offloading properly. I have Nvidia gtx 1060 6GB which should be compatible.

When I turn it on music staggers. I have to use it on partial which indicates convolution only but when playing  a song it displays CUDA offload details which says: upsampler=disabled convolution=disabled. I also don't see any GPU usage in the task manager for hqplayer.

Does anyone experience the same thing? Does anyone know why I cannot offload to GPU?

Do you use Windows or Ubuntu? In my case CUDA offload( diffrent graphic cards)  dont work with old  nvidia drivers, try install latest drivers.