IGNORED

HQ Player

Installed 4.1.1 = net no gain. Max 128 with ec modulator. Same as before. Fidelizer Pro 8.4 consumer level, no cpu core  option checked.

Cuda off load working, multicore working, Windows 10 v1903, i7 6700, 32 gb ram, nothing maxed out, temps 40 to 67 c . CPU volts 1.18 to 1.25. I will check the bios later for better power high powered power settings

• 4 years later...

Somewhat new issue, hqplayer will not output pcm converted to dsd. i have used HQP4 and HQP5 and this was not an issue until sometime recently.  Familiar with the settings and all appear to be correct and unchanged. Set to sdm but it uses the pcm settings. The upgrade copied the hqp4 settings but still pcm only gets played. Fresh install? Or something I am missing?

46 minutes ago, Miska said:

Please check that you have your DAC disabled at Roon Settings -> Audio. Otherwise what you describe will happen if you DAC uses drivers sourced from Thesycon. You can have only one application accessing the ASIO driver, otherwise what you describe happens, presumably because the driver enables mixing for PCM output (which it shouldn't do) instead of providing exclusive access.

40 minutes ago, bogi said:

Other reason for loosing DSD capability on Windows may be of different nature than Miska just pointed to.
Windows update may replace DAC specific audio driver with Microsoft default one, which does not support native DSD.
Solution for that case is of course to reinstall DAC ASIO driver, but an additional action to avoid specific driver automatic "update" by Windows update may be suitable too: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/146562-prevent-windows-update-updating-specific-device-driver.html

Driver is correct, still Holo Audio. I don't let Windows do driver updates, it frequently fails

Dac was enabled in Roon. I disabled it and now DSD plays fine. Not sure how this happened, I know better but it's been so long, i did not think to look for that. Thanks to both  of you..