IGNORED

Neil young announces the launch of ponomusic

I'm having as much fun with the name Pono as anyone but, in truth, I think that given NY's Hollywood connections and the 399 USD price point, the Pono would be well poised for product placement on television and movies. Think of all the MacBooks and iPads on American crime shows and then imagine Abbie on NCIS with a Pono or Brad Pitt in Burn After Reading exercising on the treadmill with a Pono.

For me, Pono will always first and foremost be a small company making prized Ukuleles in Hawaii.

Esau

If we're to hold NY's feet to the fire, here are the words that he'll live or die by sofar as the source of the music files are concerned:

From the Audiostream interview with Michael Lavorgna, regarding provenance: "Pono guarantees that it's the best that can be had, our stuff is what is the best. We get it right from the horse's mouth. We go in there and get the history of it. And we do our best to bring the best."

If this proves to be true then we get something like the best information that Acoustic Sounds often provides where the provenance is stated upfront on the website and then the potential buyer can make an informed decision.

Esau

A lot has been posted about the hi res files on the way from Ponomusic but little has been said about the hardware inside. A voice missing in this discussion is that of Ayre's Charlie Hansen who is no stranger to CA. Obviously, there are a lot of details yet to be ironed out regarding specs but a few words about the hardware would still be nice.

Esau