IGNORED

Prince at the HDtracks

Hello there. I wonder why Warners stopped releasing further albums by Prince in 192/24 at the HDtracks. They released first 8 from "For You" to the "Parade" soundtrack, but now, when it definitely seemed to be going maybe a bit more interesting (with "Sign Of The Times", "Lovesexy", "Black Album" etc.), they suddenly stopped it. Or they just took a short break? Any thoughts, please?

Hello there. I wonder why Warners stopped releasing further albums by Prince in 192/24 at the HDtracks. They released first 8 from "For You" to the "Parade" soundtrack, but now, when it definitely seemed to be going maybe a bit more interesting (with "Sign Of The Times", "Lovesexy", "Black Album" etc.), they suddenly stopped it. Or they just took a short break? Any thoughts, please?

I'm right there with you. In fact, I wonder why they didn't just release a large collection of his music at once like they have for many of their other major artists. Maybe it's because there would have to have been about 20 albums. LOL.

I would really love to have Lovesexy, Black Album, Diamonds & Pearls, Sign o The Times, His "Symbol" album, Batman Soundtrack, Gold Experience, Come, etc. The fact that some of those records have hits leads me to believe that at least some of them will be forthcoming.

Furthermore, they stopped releasing Depeche Mode albums, Madonna albums, they've never released any Jane's Addiction or Tori Amos albums (from their Warner eras).

I couldn't begin to guess why not.

Some (more) George Benson, David Sanborn & Al Jarreau would be nice too. Devo? Morrissey? More from the R&B group Slave. Coltrane's "Giant Steps".

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I'm a huge Prince fan. I just like a lot of different music and Warner has really been holding out on us.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

Some (more) George Benson, David Sanborn & Al Jarreau would be nice too.

I 100% agree with you and I thank you for appending to my thread. And to append to you: what about Michael Franks? :-) Yeah, definitely: Franks, Benson (I would like all his WB albums from Breezin to Love Remembers), Jarreau (the same) and Sanborn would be fine. And of course, another one of my dreams (unfortunately unlike to come true) Earl Klugh on Warner in HD (at least 96/24)!
I 100% agree with you and I thank you for appending to my thread. And to append to you: what about Michael Franks? :-) Yeah, definitely: Franks, Benson (I would like all his WB albums from Breezin to Love Remembers), Jarreau (the same) and Sanborn would be fine. And of course, another one of my dreams (unfortunately unlike to come true) Earl Klugh on Warner in HD (at least 96/24)!

Micheal Franks!! How could I have forgotten? His stuff is mostly very well recorded too. I'd be all over that.

Warner has so much, but they release so little.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i