IGNORED

JLP music player

sbgk

I seem to get inconsistent startup behaviour with Squeezelite as a service, sometimes it starts as Squeezelite and sometimes as Squeezelite 2 and sometimes it won't play and requires a reboot. Am going to look at the startup order to see if that's an issue.

Once I onticed 3 instances of Squeezelite running.

uploaded squeezelite-win.exe v26 - portaudio is now built into the exe so don't need the dll file, no squeezelite code changes. Means that squeezelite and portaudio code can have profile guided optimisation.

This is Hi-End! bye bye MQn

(Two issues here:

1. when I skip to the next track I can hear 2/3/4... songs together (so I moved back to non-service SQL).

2. I can't play MP3 files :( (yes I know... but I have some MP3 albums not available on CD/vinyl or any other format anymore)

I've found v27 a little bit thin and forward, whereas v29 has much tighter bass and incredibly good separation.

v29b - no pause does not offer too much for me, and the buffer repeating when the playlist ends is not friendly at all.

Keep it up, I prefer JLP to MQn, even though my hard to find mp3 320k lost albums cannot be played...

Thank you!

If you want to play MP3's follow my instructions:

First you must put the LAME.EXE to c:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\Bin\

close LMS

1. make file called 'custom-convert.conf'

2. put these lines in there:

mp3 pcm * *
   # F
   [lame] --decode -t --mp3input --silent $FILE$ -

3. copy custom-convert.conf to c:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\

4. Start LMS and go to: Advanced<File Types<MP3 and set PCM:LAME

5. Apply

Done

It decodes MP3 on-the-fly to PCM but it's not perfect solution. The best SQ decoder for all audio file types is FFMPG but I have no idea how to install it to the LMS.