I've got the PUC2 lite now but unfortunately once I start playing music I get a lot of constant white noise/hiss from my monitors. The noise isn't there when the device is on and everything is connected, but the laptop is not playing music.

- laptop: win 7, 64bit, using foobar/vlc/wmp, all same problem. Tried reinstalling drivers and firmware update several times.

- PUC: connection with Y cable. Tried powering from USB and external 5a power block, no difference

- speakers: genelec 8351a, active studio monitors

I suspect it's something to do with the PUC or firmware/drivers and so reached out to their support team. If anyone has any thoughts in the meantime, they'd be most welcome of course.. :)

I have no experience of using a puc2 with a PC and Windows but I would try using the supplied double header USB cable just to make sure it isn't something odd with your power supply or cables.

I have found Yellowtec very responsive to emails the guy who answered me was Rheinhard Gallos however I'm still waiting for a reply to my last query, he didn't ignore me but just explained that they are very busy at the moment with new product launches and could I be patient. Hopefully he will get back to me soon.

I think the puc2 is a world class convertor and I've tried quite a few, there's a richness about the Yellowtec which I've not heard elsewhere so I think it's worth persevering with.

I have no experience of using a puc2 with a PC and Windows but I would try using the supplied double header USB cable just to make sure it isn't something odd with your power supply or cables.

I have found Yellowtec very responsive to emails the guy who answered me was Rheinhard Gallos however I'm still waiting for a reply to my last query, he didn't ignore me but just explained that they are very busy at the moment with new product launches and could I be patient. Hopefully he will get back to me soon.

I think the puc2 is a world class convertor and I've tried quite a few, there's a richness about the Yellowtec which I've not heard elsewhere so I think it's worth persevering with.

Ok so I've managed to find the culprit. I was feeding a very weak signal to the PUC and monitors, as the monitor sensitivity was set to 0db. I've now turned it down to -42db and can send a much stronger signal through the PUC, which has eliminated the white noise.

I got things up and running last night. I've listened to music through much of the night - I can honestly say that the Genelec 8351a's are rather exceeding all my hopes. Best sound I've heard from any pair of speakers, ever.