IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

THe guy is a troll just making trouble . Nothing he says makes my sense it's just jabber.

The software works period. Not saying someone could not do it without it. But that person would have to be extremely computer savey and spend many hours to achieve it.

This is easy and almost for dummies.

I Own a high end msb stack umt plus no two psu,s. Plus the dac. And this AO setup bests it and it can be tailored with digital filters to alter the sound as well. It's just the best thing I have found . And 1/4 of the price .

Al

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't installed it on a desktop board for over 6 months but I did think the s1200kpr was preferred to boards like the dh77eb and dh87rl but the cases were different so not apples to apples and it wasn't a side by side test.

I also think a desktop board with W8.1 and HQPlayer could be preferred by some people and have spoken with audioPhil about how impressed I was with it. I haven't tried HQP within ws2012/AO yet (I know it is not recommended to do so) so will look out for your results.

I still prefer the s1200kpr and the XEON 1265lv2 although the Asus that I use now isn't far off with a xeon 1240lv3. I'm concentrating on the quality A-Tech cases solely now though so I am limited to m-ITX boards which is very limiting with Intel withdrawing.

I use a PPA V1 it's really good, the v3 doesn't fit my preferred case (A-Tech 2500) but the v4 will just about but would need blu-tac or similar for the OCXO so at present probably the JCAT but I am going to try and put a v3 card in a build I have in mind.

If I may ask some questions what cores are the chips you use

I3 I5 or I7 ???

Hifi thanks. I have found that the board as well as the chip make a difference. My revenge setup is all batteries. Three sets. One of the main board and two for drives while one is shared for ppa usb card. I have the card about 60 days or so. Before it wasn't on his website. It's big and very nice to use but its sound is just to forward and on Brite of neutral. And this is with a lampi b7. Imagine a lesser dac. Now this was worth my ref setup. It's fanless and xion I7 3.5 MSI main board and ppa memory chips . Three SS drives. Two on one baboon and one on the so and ppa usb . I have tried other sanerios and all about the same with hits setup. I am in no way saying it's bad it's not but for headphones a bit much. As I build some for some friends I am going with the ver2 boards for them. They both have lampi,s.

Sp what tubes do you roll ?? Or how many red tubes do you have ??

al

Absolutely . Preference rules. We all want something different and in some cases it can make no sense to some . But hey there is so many varibles. But it was nice to read about the pairings. The new ver 3 gets pretty hot and I wondered if it was using too much power . But it appears to be fine . Computer audio is the most complex form of audio reproduction. And most never give it a second thought. How many reviews that we cherish use a laptop as a source. Now as we may feel it's absurd not to have a top source for a review but it's just not what happens. The people of this forum I feel have a better view then some reviewers who have notoriety in the hobby. Now I am not saying I know all but I do know what I hear and it's very varied with the source in same music .

a while back I read a review from a man that I honesetly like his reviews. He used a then little know device to clean up the sound so to speak . It was a ap1 no SE or pp was around at the time. He clearly was ahead of his time. Having listened to my new ap1se / pp. it greatly improved anything I used it with. This prompted me to buy my offramp 5 with the Paul Hines psu. Another great. choice for digital audio. Now of course the servers we build are far better still. But the point that some people are just way ahead of the curve in this didgital audio reproduction hobby. And it's not a dac maker except for Steve Nugent . It just makes me wonder just how much the makers of our sacred devices really know about the sound that can be had.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Bafoon is better they seem less switch between internal batteries so it's always all bateries.

The blsck lighting I get about 3 hours but it can be set to charge while playing so also indefinitely

the change from all battery to charge is very little it's there but fine.

Also you can try the Hdplex setup. It's just under the bateries and a fraction of the cost.

• 2 months later...

For me there is no real anything for all. It's all subjective to each of us as individuals.

Here is a good thiught to apply to this. Does anyone notice that time of day and mood greatly effect hiw good the stuff sounds. It does , I find night is better and if I wake up from sleep and listen to music to get tired I hear much better. Maybe it's I am fresh.

Lbut eother way to say simple something is better for all that just does not apply. But I do like redomg and Trying others thoughts this is always good

The kernel streaming issues is not cabling atleast not for me. It's something not loading or taking a while to appear. It's fine now , but needed a reboot of CPU and dac. I turned the dac off and the entire CPU including batteries . Then I turned on the dac first and then the CPU and it's back. I also thought it was something on the settings. But it's not. Even in gui and no options selected meaning all services are running it did the same to me. What ever it is it happened after the install,of the beta. I also tried the HQ player and this is when I lost the KS . But even after I uninstalled it , its the same. I use the KS as it adds the last of what I need in using the ps audio with its new pike firmware. For me it's perfect best so far. The ks seems to round things a bit. Kind of like PCM is sharp and DSd is more smooth. That is what KS does. I am still,using the 1/A and pp ver2 card.

but at first listen I did not like the beta it seemed to make the tone change taking away the air on top. It did this on three dacs. But after about two hours of sitting running without me , now it's the best yet. Was it my mood before ??? Who knows but it's three days now and it's still great . Just the KS thing still,happens but all,else seems fine. And thanks for continuing the treck for us all. Over the weekend I'll,Try the j play 6.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Phil when will,there be another beta release. Also when is the final. Coming out ? The beta is fantastic and as much as I do not want to admit it jplay 6 makes it even better. More stuff to tune. As DSd and PCM need doffrent settings for optimal soind.

Anyway it's another grewt improvement. So I guess the new headphones and amp must be doing well for you lol.

• 4 weeks later...

so far the best sound I have achieved were not with j river although its good a stable.

j play and its simple player with the ao in core is amazing. with my ps audio ds and pike even its dsd is dsd something that before there was very little of. but beware there is many settings between AO and jplay . but when you hit the right combo its a wow for sure . but dsd and pcm needs different settings in j play. this digital audio is complex but if it can beat out my 12k umt plus then its a worthwhile learning experience.

• 1 year later...

I feel like you do. May I ask what your server consists of ?

Also your dac please

thanks in advance

try this if you own them. Elton john tumbled weed connection.

Three tracks to play.

Love song

talking soldiers best piano from Elton sound wise

come down in time. All analog to dsd transfers top quality

post what you hear especially love song

• 2 weeks later...