IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Before I started this journey . I new nothing of hiw a PC could effect the sound of a DAC .since then I noriced a I7 weather Mac or PC gave me better sound. I ended up buying a maxed out msb stack and UMT plus. This allowed me to use it as a transport for many other DACS . The AO software and his support with this website is the reason I have learned so much about cpu audio. It's a shame how much we spend on our stuff and hiw little support they give us. A big thanks to here and audio Phil .

al

Phil and this forum are great. But the support or even common knowledge we get from our device makers is very poor. To say te least it makes me wonder are they really that clueless and if so how can they make the products they do.

just one DAC almow cost me a fortun and the complete lack of understanding is amazing. even the makers of the caps are pretty sad as they do not represent the for front of this as in a product like AO or a linaer or battery supply.

Anyway thanks to Phil and a few others here line ted B. Putting things in writing to have us read. It's far better the another USB cable.

Al

Today I installed two,other DACS in core mode an Ifi dsd micro and the hugo. Both went fine. I just wanted to try the mytek and it became tough. Anyway this is great product and because I too have become a junior it guy lmao. Anyway it's well worth the journey and I tell many to try it. Inhave evn done tech support for a couple on the phone . The driver helper worked after a reboot Or two. Thanks for the reply

anyone who owns a DAC needs this setup. The biggest variable of our audio besides the DAC is the cpu we use to play our files . In fact this setup makes all the DACS inwon sound much closer in quality but until someone like audio Phil has made this a complete effort there was no one stop solution. To me the improvment is well worth the effort needed form this. The improvment when done is very rewarding .

al

Regarding the 4 D. It's too tuby for me. On any DAC. I like 1/A or 1/B. It's keeping it real for me. But I am also a openite of up or down sampling. I feel they change the music and it looses something. I do tube roll though as this is at a analog level almost like EQ in analog. This allows me to keep it as real as possible.

also if the NIW 4/D setting is no good do you have a linaer or battery pau setup. If not it could be noise effecting the sound as well.

Al

I Have two setups with hd plex and one with batteries. The hd plex is very good. I guess it's just how it sounds in your system. I do hear a difference from one chip to another but it's not major. It's more about the ambience if at all. I have from Xion 3.5 to I7 2.70 and N I5 as well. I do feel the DSD is better on an I7 chip though.

Lets see what Phil says. I do beleave you can go backwards though. Ask Phil. It's good to know for all of us. I did feel the new 1.30 was an improvement with mine but unlike the byte and not the smooth over sound.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

MSI amd gigabyte are the most popular that work.

A z97I Ac. This is Itx mini the small ones. It has two LAN s only one will work. This is why a two LAN board is needed.

The ATX MSI full size work well as well.

I have built 4 units and I canist them but I do Recomend the one above.

Al

I tried it on it off is subtle it's much more of a change from 1/a and 1/b. I do think this is system defendant. Add to this tube rolling and it is wonderfull to play and find new views of the same music. As some say it's new all over again. I wish it was this easy with wives lmao

look mom I used spell check.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my findings.

I have three setups all one pc all xion 3.5 I7 and one more non xion I7 2.70.

The 2.7 is paul

pang all'out mani board with all the goodies his , SS drives as well memory. I cannot detect for sure any difference in sound weather it's usi g a external usb or the internal drives. But even though I have a nas drive with it's own linaer psu and audio grade SW with cat 6a shielded wire with it's own liinaer psu. I can say I do hear things sometimes.

Al

• 2 weeks later...
Terry, while I understand the frustrations of the flexibility and combinations in an AO/Jplay setup , you might want to also reiterate that you now have:

* a new house

* a new room with newly discovered and undiscovered room anomalies

* new speakers

Yikes, that would throw even F. Alton Everest for a huge loop. Add to all this the introduction of AO 1.30 and you've got like 4000 new variable combinations to deal with. It is admirable that you found a nice synergy going to River. I think many of us find Ultrastream and then stick to it, but there's more in AO and Jplay than most people realize. Good job!

Very well said Ted .B. So I should shut my mouth as I am doing the same lmao. I did just now try the AO 130 with the sehop desabled. And it does make a pretty big change . It actually makes it sound very much like vinyl. Really does. Pretty cool if that is what one is looking for. I also think Ted has hit the nail square on. The AO server combo has many options to play with and time is needed to get the sound one wants. For me a direct comparison from non xion 3.5 CPU. MSI main board and the exact same but xion 4.0 makes a notable change. It's digital tube rolling for sure. But it's rEALLY easy to play once it's up AND you understand it. I consider myself a low end novice in CPU setups and yes there we're many hours at first to learn and understand. Buzt Phill is great and this forum is the best for computer audio there is. No doubt . I think we just need to do the time and read plenty here .

The setup is all Paul pang setup from modded main board and ram and PCI usb . Also all DC setup three batteries . Oh and Paul's new usb card. Ver 3. All pretty cool and it's enough to tell the difference from the msb dac direct and with the umt playing same music non ripped ISO in j river 20. This hobby now is really front end stuff with the help of this forum . Hopefully by Christmas I will have the new office rig up and playing.

Thanks people for all the help and Phil fro dreaming up this stuff.

Pal

Hello Phil. I really like the concept of more than one version on any given setup. But others should head this as a conceptual further complication. It has many parameters to setup now. And having yet another entire program to setup makes the choices mind boggling

For me have niw 4 setups many variables effect the sound not related to the AO software.

For me the new one is fantastic on two setups.

And the newest is not like the others

the newest is a Xion I7 4.0. All the same main board and memory

and as drives. The only variable is the chip and usb PCI audio card. Why this is I do not know. Now it's not bad on the new one but not as analytical as the others. It's more like DSD. I am trying to find a setting that gets it back for me. Now also keep in mind it's obvious but I also have them side by side as well. Te change is real and there.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

As I am coming to this rant late and have only read a few pages back , just why is this happening.

From what I have read there are two situations here . One is why would j river look to pull sever 2012 from jriver.

Second is why is anyone making an obvious false claim about Phil.

I lost count of emails that this guy helped me with. He was on vacation and answered me. This is a small product that has big time support. And the forums here as always help as well.

I have put together about 6 systems already and doing two more now . The product hands down works great . And once you get past the learning curve it's a cake walk .

Nothing in computer audio has had the quality improvement that this product has given me. And so cheap. Any change I make now is so easy to hear.

Even ppa ,s new PCI usb is so easy to hear changes . Not saying it's always a good thing but good or bad a quick and easy answer is great for the hobby.

And Phil helped me put together my first setup . He hand picked all the parts as I was green to this. .

Now I have found cheaper parts now but that first system is still my Reference setup.

What at can we do collectively TP stop jriver from doing this . Or are we doomed to just use older builds for this product. Regarding jplay I ownnit but do not use it . It's just too many settings and I get lost after a while . Phil has streamlined his setup with just some questions or choices for dummies . I think that is fantastic for a novice like me and most reading this. Now for the ones like tedB who really know how to make some of the changes in windows why is he using this. Well doesn't that say it all. It's just arrest product .

Al

As a user and builder of audio win baaed systems. It all matters. That is accurate

I have only my brain to tell me when its better or worse and it's very easy to hear.

Having less programs running matters as well as cpu type and speed

and what matters very as well is psu power.

Now given software like AO running on win server 2012 makes all of the above easy to pick from and do camparisons made easy.

Now psubis easy as well choose batteries or linaer but it makes a big improvemt over stock SW psu. One last thought I love j river and only use it and I buy it a few times now.

Please keep allowing SER 2012 it's really very good with your product.

Al