IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Well, it is a Pang knockout server. This is what we used for Al's Build:

- AudiophileOptimizer

- PPA audiophile USB card V2

- PPA RED USB cable, 1m

- PPA SSD 32GB

- PPA SSD 64GB

- 2 x PPA RED SATA cable, 40cm-straight plug, regular size

- 2 x PPA USB-A to SATA silver power cable-100cm, custom made

- PPA Pico-Box PSU (12V), 4-Pin MiniDIN Connector

- 2 x Bakoon BPS-02, 5V (silver)-including USB-Adapter

- MSI Z87M-G43

- Core i7-4790T

- PPA Clock Module Upgrade for MSI Mainboard

- PPA 8GB modified DDR3-1600 RAM (2x4GB)

- PPA DDR3 power filter module (2 modules)

- Red Wine Audio - Black Lightning (LFP Edition)-2 cell pack, 12V, 4-Pin MiniDIN

- A-Tech Mini-Client 2800HP in black

Best,

Phil

Good morning

The server is for me phill was kind enough to hold my hand and pick the parts out.

Add to that two 1TB SS Drives and it's about 6K in all.

For me it's the first one and I did not want the what if moment to pop in. As I bought it all the first time there cannot be one. The only part I did leave it is second CPU for control . I have second CPU intel I7 if need be ready. The second I7 will have a PPA USB there USB cable and sata as well . Batteries as well too. But it will be running win server 2012 in core as well . So I can have something as gauge to hear an imorovment from.

I will keep the win 7 ultimate on there as well , with the setup in dual boot I will be able to hear the change . As I do use an offramp and or AP1/PP DOING AN A/B trust is important for me and shows me what I was missing .

One of my dacs is a msb stack . 4 PC stack with platinum plus and galaxy clock and UMT plus as well with two PSU ,s one diamond and one dual transport. So if there can be something gained over what I have it will be worth talking about. Cheaper dacs are improved quickly with better cables or a USB converter . So I do expect a big return.

al

• 2 months later...

Reg caps over iMac. This is tonight's test. I will post. But I doubt it is going to be equal much less best it. Last nights holographics were something I never heard from the DS or any other DAC for that matter. Not in the way it was. When some say the speakers melt away I always laugh well last might I was night I was not laughing it was shock and awe time. How the voices and and music floated in the room was very cool. It was so detailed I could hear the subtle changes of movement of the voices. Now this is way above before.

Tha caps is a MSI main board with I7 2.70 and 8 gig fast ram for audio also a PPA USB card.

The SSD DRIVES are PPA as well

one drive for music and the other is the OS. Both are sata 2 audio drives from PPA. Three battery supplies being used one red wine audio and two bakoons.

Win serv 2012 and audio optimizer with jriver in core mode. Truly the best I have heard from the DS and I cannot wait to try it with other dacs. But the holographic was sureal it also changed the overall presentation around a little. I keep saying with digital audio none of us know how it was recorded but if it sounds this good who cares.

having an issue installing ao 1.26 . it started and ask for key . after I entered it nothing happened. now it will not let me install at all .it says specified path not found. also its not in programs to remove. I also searched in regedit and I could not find it there to remove either. I also tried updating all and all works except the install. using win server 2012 full. any ideas ?? I have done this on another machine and all is fine even in core mode. help ? AL

Ok PHIL my first post regarding how good this product is.

I have die a couple posts. On other forums Though

Phil was kind enough to help me spend my money. About 5 k in think. How ever the point is the product revels our music in ways I honestly did not know was there. I have been at this hobby for all life and now and then get a aha moment. As when I bought the msb stack loaded or the new lampi B7. Such times are the ones I will remember most. And of course the infinity irs V. Well this is a moment to remember. I have fkr the past two weeks played with audio optimizer and have have my but handed to me as dos alone is not my thing even though I M as old as it.

Anyway as phil said core mode is where it's at. Wow is he right. Although I have a super setup that is just out there in having all there is I also have simple systems that get you close and wow is close spectacular. I have been using it just with my ps audio DS. A DAC that is pretty good for the price but not like the other two big gun dacs I have. Anyway the music is for starters like hearing it all over again. And the level of staging and separation of the vices and details is beyond what I thought is possible. My wording truly stinks but for anyone trying to achieve a goal in this hobby start with a caps a simple one even fans and a reg psu but you have to do the following. Win 2012 Phil's optimizer and Paul's USB with battery or linear psu. This alone in core mode will amaze you with details

and such low level detail that alone will make the nights getting it together well worth it.

It liweds the noise level of what we here to incredible details. Any and all changes in the mixing are there to be heard as the levels are changed. The voices are so sureal it's just amazing to have this in your listening room. I helped PHIL pick out a good headphone amp and headphone and wow did he out it to great use. I cannot begin to praise enough for the product he produced and has given us to use on our Precious reproduction of our music. As I am renovating my listing room I only have headphones and my infinity IRS 1 b ,s to use I cannot wait to use this on the IRS V. Setup.

Thanks Phil

al

Wow on vacation and a seeing emails. What a great guy lmao. I have tried many methods in jh river and settings in core mode as well. There is something going on. I will try agin tonight and use less options for core mode to see what is going on. I did try a few ways though. The core mode is truly a gifted approach to the sound. It makes my ps audio DS dac sound like the msb stack does . Anyone into this hobby and using digital audio needs this for sure. I own j play as well but I have not ride as yet it's just to good so far and there are filter settings for core I have not touched yet . So far I am at 1/A in filters

al

Ok I have tried this any way I could. I even tried it with all

options and no options in core mode. Even another CPU setup.

It sees it but will not at it. All I have kft is j play to try. This Hugo does not like j river in core mode. I wonder as this is a new model if the USB driver is ok as I know from post a something was done to USB. It even does not work in the low definition USB as well.

Ofher tban j play and ideas and does anyone here confirm there Hugo does work

I think having network drives invite mod or I anymore is not good anyway. Simply add a drive inside with your music on it. It's what I do only when not in core mode I can add or change my magic. Now if in the mini you still cannot add music then donut externally from another CPU

• 2 weeks later...

Phil same issue. I just did a reinstall on a machine I have been using. Win ser2912 standard install. All worked including j river 20. When I went to install AO IT Started to ask for a key I toyed the key for this machine . It blinked and nothing more. Now trying install again same message . Path not found. The software is not installed anywhere I can find and I searched the registry keys as well. Going to bed now any thoughts or ideas let me know. Good nite.

Al

Yes I remeber after I left the forums .mthis happened once before to me. But now it will not let me load the j river shell. It says it's not installed in program files x86. Of course it is. I uninstalled it a reinstalled it same issue. It does work fine though. In core mode I go to task a manger and start j river . Or at calm and prompt. But the shell I need I am loaning this to someone . And I do not sent them to have to go through the hassle I am doing. .anyvadditional idea s.

Al

• 2 weeks later...
I've just installed 1.26 version.

I was runnning without it or jplay for 1 month now, wanted to test my W4S dac2 DSD femto and W4S pre amp without it first.

I've asked a friend to come this morning, we ran through listening sessions, then installed latest jplay and 1.26, and...voila.

Differences are crystal clear, both in low and high, seems like a curtain was removed, everything is more defined, tense, cleaner.

tracks used : Samantha Crain - Paint 24/44)

Asgeir - going home (24/44)

Metallica - Sad But True (24/192)

Passenger - let her go

I've given up dual pc setup, now just using a shuttle Z77R5, 8go DDR3 PPA, small SSD, 7970 gpu. jriver with two zone, one for HC, one for music.

and given the splendid Jremote integration, I couldn't ask for more, considering the price of..jrvier, jremote, phil optim, jplay...

Were you in core mode and please detail caps unit ?

al

I did the upgrade. All went well , easy to do. This setup,is a must for anyone serious about digital audio and a cpu setup. It greatly improves any DAC I connect to,it. I have three setups. I have loaned one to rob and luk for the NYC audio show. I'll post results when it's up and running there. And Phil,is a super patient guy and well supports us in this product. He has helped me many times no matter how lazy I was for not reading his pdf manual. No more usb converters for me. This is way beyond any I had going for sure.

Weather battery or linear psu or pc psu it improves enough for me to be glad I took the time and investment. Few things I have tried had this impact from the moment I used it. I feel something I have to listen for is ok but something that jumps at me is what's important to me.

Al

Wow Phil I don't know how but this is really damn good. Some how the audio is improved. It's even more detailed then before. An example is one of my test tracks is just red book. A count basie cd Kansas city shout. This cd made me by my first set of infinty speakers the RS 1B. Anyway. The details are amazing and it has all the good stuff , great vocals , piano , brass . But the cymbols are brushed so ona lesser system it can be as bad as hiss. The studio has echo but very little . This is giving the brush strokes and the echo of the echo of the studio as he sings. Ina clarity I only get close to witha my 35 K MSB. Well now I get that and more with my lampi B7 and phils recommendation of a custom caps and his AO. This a new level of details. I cannot wait for the MSB and my infinty,s to be back up and running. I use the 1/A combo it's the most detailed i have found. Phil reccomended the 4 /D. It's more like tube very relaxed calming but very detailed , but as moods change for today it's rip,it up. A very big thanks to audio phill.

Al