IGNORED

exaSound e18 - e20 - e28 - Info and Experiences Post All Here

OK, but even on exaSounds web site showing the rear of the e20 it shows no switch and mentions no switch. Also I can not recall any reviews I read ever mentioning it.

So it must have been a small run.

But again you own one with it so obviously some of them have it.

Strange option to have. I do not see the point of it.

A ground lift I understand but not this.

Oh, NO pirate radio, transmitter, Radar, nada, zilch of any kind nearby. Instead of coming up with supposed reasons and comments try a few USB cables that have a return policy out and see why so many NAY sayers have become converts.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

• 1 month later...
I am sorry but there is no galvanic isolation of any kind in Meitner MA-1... (well I guess you could say it has toslink...)

Yes, I believe you are right, so I stand corrected. I do not remember from where and from whom I was told that (though I am sure it was from a trusted source) but at the time that was my understanding.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

• 4 months later...
Thanks for the reply, I have installed and uninstalled the driver with a fresh download about 5 times, and I have tried the disconnect and reconnect about 20 times with no change in the problem. It flat out refused to see the E22 every time. I guess I will have to stay with Yosemite till they figure out the problem and fix it. What in the devil did Apple do to the USB software to cause this problem?

Have you tried removing the Regen?

Before you install El Capitan disconnect all your cables and delete the exaSound driver. Install El Capitan. Then the exaSound Driver (make sure you deleted the driver from your saved/downloads) before you install it again.

Then connect just the USB cable to the DAC, with NO Regen in-line.

See if you get any sound.

If so shut down and install the Regen.

See if after that you have any sound.

Some people have found that helps.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

• 8 months later...
Thank you Fitzcaraldo215 for your reply.

My initial post was not against exaSound, I started writing that "everything was working very well, really nice sound"

Before my posts here I wrote to exaSound but, as you can see they wrote me back that "with the information available to us there is nothing that we can do at this time" so I asked here on the forum for some help: maybe somebody else has some advices to solve the problem.

I dont think that the DAC has problems: as you can read exaSound very kindly replaced my MKI DAC with a brand new MKII DAC, but unfortunately the problem has not been solved.

For this reason I asked them for some advices, e.g. a way to analyze the USB data and understand where the problem is (motherboard, foobar, etc.). I allowed myself to ask them for a solution because, as you know, the e28 is a valuable product, and I expect some support for such a purchase.

It has indeed something to do with the DAC. My chain has no other DSP:

foobar2000 (ASIO to exaSound e28) -> exaSound e28 -> McIntosh Power Amplifiers.

I leave out foobar from the problem because this is happening also with other programs, and foobar is not using DSPs.

I am using the stock PSU.

I'm also expecting that exaSound will "fix" my problem (rather than the DAC itself), but from the replies I got, it seems not to be the case.

I completely agree with you that it has no sense going against exaSound in public criticism and I repeat that my intention was to ask for some advices here on the forum.

I hope this post can clarify my stance and that I will get some useful help.

Thank you everybody,Andrea

Andrea, just because "Foobar is not using DSPs" does not mean it can not be an issue. I would still try another program if you have not.

Also to help narrow this.

1) How often does this happen?

2) What type and rates are the Files? 16/44. 24/96. DSD? Any and all?

3) Does it come and go or come and stay?

4) When it happens is it sudden and as loud as the volume that was already set. Or does it come on slow and build?

Any details may help.

Also if you can try another computer and see if this still happens. All with NEW down loads of all programs and Drivers.

Good luck and let us know.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

I would suggest that you remove Skype, YouTube, Dirc, etc from your PC. Turn off and remove ALL that you can.

Remove the exaSound Driver and then down load a new Driver.

Do the same with Foobar.

Then see if you still have a problem.

This sounds like a software problem on the PC side and not a DAC and Driver. Just my opinion. But I have seen a similar situation were software kept interfering while music file was being played.

Sound Test USA

[email protected]