IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Hi, I am using client and server setup which server is i5-3370U laptop and client is Intel NUC unit. When I am playing Covert PCM to DSD for dsd128, it is stuttering, but it is ok with dsd64. I guess could it be the upsampling is done at client NUC instead at the server laptop? Is there a way to let the more powerful laptop perform heavy lifting and upsampling? I say this because at client NUC I can choose correct usb audio device to set Convert PCM to DSD settings. But at the server laptop, there is only internal audio device available at the Settings and I can't choose Convert PCM to DSD.

It is confirmed that the developer says Daphile server is the one running upsampling to DSD. So it is none issue please ignore my previous post.

I have solved the stuttering issue for dsd128. The crucial thing is to set CPU frequency for server to max value which 1.71 Ghz for my i5 laptop, and attenuation at client has to be -6db or -5db.

But my laptop server can't cope with dsd256, it will stutter. Overall, I am supper happy with the outcome. If any genius can run dsd256 smoothly, please share. :-)

One minus thing is I think Daphile is built for mouse click control. If using Android tablet for control, it is very easy to miss click anything when you just want to scroll.

My music library is the 2TB external usb drive connected at server laptop. I not sure what to key in at the Source Directory field under storage. Currently the field is empty but if I key in /srv/mediaserver/music/USB Drives/minipro and restart, the server will complain no albums existed. Is it better to key it correct path for external drive?

Secondly, some of the library import is wrong and says there is no album and no artist, but I can look for the correct folder inside File Manager. How to rectify the error? Is there a way to manually amend the tagging?

Ok. I am using Mp3tag and able to re-tag those albums with "unkown albulm artist / unkown album" issue. However, although album artists and albums show correctly but I can't add the album nor the individual songs into the playlist. If I click play button on individual song, it plays but it doesn't display in the playlist and no delete playlist button available. How to solve the problem?

I found out the workaround for the can't-add-to-playlist issue, is to recreate the folder for artist and also its sub folder for album title which my folder structure is arranged like album_artist/album_title. Then I cut and move all the music files from original folder to the new created folder, after that I deleted the original folder. I done all this in File Manager of Daphile.After this then I am able to add the album into the playlist. I think may be it has to do with the folder access right permission settings. Does anyone know the solution?

For my case I wrote using Rufus to thumb drive as dd image. Then I booted the pc with it. After that I went to Settings and installation. From the drop down list, I could see the thumb drive. So I installed Daphile back to the thumb drive I used to boot the pc. When I restarted, it would run from the thumb drive correctly.

• 9 months later...