IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

I'm curious: you say based on SqueezePlay, but supporting 24/192 and gapless; but SqueezePlay doesn't support either.

Could you give some indication how this differentiates itself from VortexBox?

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 4 weeks later...
PCM with 24/352 and even with 384 might work already but I haven't been able to verify it (no HW).

DSD support is definitely one of the most requested feature. And also with high priority on my list. Does anyone have or know good open source implementation for DSD2PCM conversion and DOP-framing. I wouldn't like to code them from scratch.

Current kernel is 3.6.11.6-rt38. I ended up using the realtime patch just to avoid couple USB Audio related problems (threadirqs with standard kernel didn't help). This is the latest so called stable realtime kernel version. I have once tried the first realtime patch (3.10.4-rt1 released just Aug 1st) for the 3.10 series but I'm not ready to go there yet.

DoP works with MPD I believe.

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

• 1 year later...
All of the albums were ripped in iTunes on a Mac.

Assuming you use a Mac for iTunes; Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ Embed Artwork v2.0 should help sort you out...

Eloise

Eloise

---