IGNORED

High-Resolution Downloads to die for…

Charlie Haden/Antonio Forcione, Heartplay (Naim Label)

One of my earliest, and still one of the best. They (Charlie Haden, acoustic bass, and Antonio Forcione, acoustic guitar) are in the room with you.

http://www.naimlabel.com/recording-heartplay.aspx

I collect recordings, and would rather not be forced to pick a desert island favourite in the literal sense of the term.

?? LOL. You aren't "forced to pick" anything...you started the thread idea! :)

• 1 month later...

Peterbj,

Those Sound Liason recordings are great finds!! Thanx. The live studio audience ones, especially...a great sense of ambiance and harmonic decay...and that simply from the store download samples!! I'm gonna buy a few for sure. Thx

Ted

Where can one find samples to download?

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

I simply meant the samples on the website's album page for each album. It's where you buy the songs and/or complete album.

Paid for the reviewed Gomes album, but Music Store continues to show as "pending". Sent info-at my paypal receipt and question. Maybe the store is not live on the weekends?? Oh well..patience is something I need to work on. :)

• 4 weeks later...
The ABKCO Stones DSD "archive" was made for the express purpose of releasing the material in DSD. Unfortunately, it has never been released in DSD, only in PCM conversions.

F-dog, I'm confused by this comment. You know (and even mention) that they were released as SACDs. That's DSD. Those SACD's were not PCM transfers per se (although likely PCM edited, of course). Why do you say they were never released in DSD?

And the MLP SACDs; the only provenance we have are two interviews from Tom Fine (son of founders) who contradicts himself. In the first one (and quoted on the back cover of each SACD) is that they were direct to DSD. A later interview says they were created from hirez (no sample rate mentioned) PCm at Berliner. Hmmm...

• 2 weeks later...

Agree, David. I own the SACD and ripped it to DSD (DSF) for my stereo (Meitner) and multichannel (Exasound, Mytek stack) DSD DACs. It is wonderful music, in both 2 channel and, even better if you can do it, the original 3 channel (left, center, right).