IGNORED

First multi-channel DSD playback solution with Mytek!

The USB ASIO driver does not care whether its a preamp or mastering version; same USB, same outputs. But...what I documented above was that the USB driver will give the fronts (left and right) to the DAC with the oldest serial number, and then the center/LFE channels to the next newest DAC (and if a third DAC, it would be the newest s/n and get surround left/right).

I helped David get his Myteks setup for stereo with stereo subs. With JRiver you have to use 4 channel output for use with two Myteks. I was assuming that channels 3 & 4 were the center/LFE channels, but actually channels 3 & 4 are the surround left and right channels when JRiver is in 4 channel mode. I'm looking forward to actually hearing his system in April.

I'm just curious, do you use word-clock or how the sample clocks are synchronized between units? IOW, which unit has the master clock?

The ASIO driver has a feature called USBMLink for multiple devices and handles the synchronization between devices. As you add Myteks they show up as device0, device1, etc. I assume it probably uses the first device as the master clock. Buffer and sample rate settings are synchronized to all devices.