IGNORED

First multi-channel DSD playback solution with Mytek!

@ted_b

What is your reason from going from Mytek to ExaSound. Is it SQ or convenience ?

I believed you mentioned that you didn't like the pre amplifier part of the Mytek, and I find this one of the obstacles for replacing my Pre Pro with a DAC ('s). I like the almost unlimited number of channels a PC can offer and that is one of my reasons looking into this.

Do I understand correctly that the reason for a clock sync with the Myteks is because of the ASync USB placing the clock control at each induvidual DAC?

Would this be less of a problem when using a Multi Channel AES pro audio card which sends the clock signal along with the data stream? But what if the DAC is reclocking the signal?

More importantly, how big of a problem is this with multi channel audio. I can understand the impact when using it in an active xover.

I find your work very inspiring and definitely want to move into that direction for my Home Theater. I really like to understand the clock influence because this will help finding the right DAC which I want to build my system around.

It is a bit worrying that it seems very quiet around this subject while DSD and DAC's are booming business.

The exaSound e28 is an an all-in-one solution for Multichannel music downloads. The Mytek can be made to work that way with 3 units and some driver magic. Most people will probably go for the all-in-one approach. (I did).

But we do have the Merging Technologies NADAC 8-Channel and 16-Channel DACs for the home market coming later in the year. So soon there will be another choice - although more expensive (starting at $7,500).

That aren't really funny prices.

Network audio seems to be on the horizon. Dante from Audinate is another one, clock sync at really high speeds with multichannel audio. https://www.audinate.com/ Just pro audio at the moment.

Do I understand correctly that you will need a custom driver to handle 3 DAC's as multichannel via USB?

What is the experience with clock drift when you use a Pro Audio Card like a Lynx or RME with multichannel AES/EBU with multiple DAC's?

I think I have found the DAC that I want to use, but no word clock I/O. Audio-Gd Master 7, works well without a pre amp. It can do I2s, but I am not sure if that helps with any clock drift.