IGNORED

LUMIN - Audiophile Network Music Player

On 8/17/2019 at 12:15 PM, wklie said:

Which DAC are you using?  And what connection method - USB?

Please verify that the U1 is running firmware 11.5b.

Please power down both the U1 and your DAC.  Power up the DAC, then power up the U1.

If this still does not solve the problem, please use Lumin app to factory reset the Lumin U1, inside the About function.

Experiencing similar lags after upgrade to 11.5b. Seems to be consistent and repeatable.

• Seems playback from Tidal streaming service only is affected (tracks from local NAS works fine; unfortunately I do not have valid accounts for other streaming services to try).
  • Upon track selection from Tidal album, lag is between 30 to 50 seconds, then playback starts, lasts playing for around 14 seconds, then U1 mini skips to next track in queue.
  • Subsequent queued tracks playback is started normally, without lag.

Experienced on U1 mini, DAC connected via USB, power cycling U1/DAC and U1 mini factory reset did not changed anything.

Any idea how to restore previous behaviour?

18 hours ago, wklie said:

Please go into router settings and change DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Then power down all network devices including Lumin, NAS, iPad, etc.  After router has booted up from the DNS change, power cycle it again, along with all network switches or WiFi AP,  etc.  Wait for 5 minutes, then power everything back up.

Thanks for reply; I have reconfigured my router to use g00gle dns within my network, no change in U1mini lags.

Looking at the tcpdump output from my router, it seems to be somehow related to track caching: upon selecting track from Tidal album, U1mini starts downloading full track from Tidal servers immediately, but playback is started only after full track is downloaded. It corresponds to subjective observation, that initial lag is shorter for shorter tracks, and longer for longer tracks.

Is there any option I have missed specifying if track playback should start immediately after selection, or upon full track is downloaded? Anyway, this does not explain why first track is interrupted after 14 seconds.

I could attach tcpdump output, if useful.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

when (occasionally) streaming sound to Lumin U1 mini via Airplay, and having upsampling to DSD128 enabled on U1 mini (which is my usual setup), there is strong "clicking” noise added over played sound. When upsampling on U1 is turned off, this "clicking” sound disappears. When streaming directly from U1 (with or without upsampling), no "clicking", so it seems related to Airplay only.

Have someone experienced something similar or does it seem I have something wrong in my setup?

BTW, would be there any chance of adding Airplay 2 support to U1 mini sometimes in the future?

Thanks,

(mc)