IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

• 3 months later...
Did you get the HQP NAA working on your NanoPi Neo ?.

I am trying to do the same thing on a NanoPi M1.

When I try to install the https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb there is a dependency error. It says it needs libstdc++6 (>=5.2). The installed version of libstdc++6 is 4.9.2-10 which is the latest available from Debian.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Stephen

I had the same problem when using the Armbian Jessie Image. I fixed it by using the Xenial image that Armbian also provided for the Neo.

I notice that there is no Xenial image for the M1. Maybe somebody on the Armbian forum can sort it for you. They have been very helpful with me.

Let me know how you get on. I am looking at moving to an Orange Pi + 2E as it has a Gigabit ethernet port which might work with the Gigabit Fibre Media Converters that I have. I cant get the fibre to work with the slower ethernet of the Neo despite the Media Converters being advertised as auto negotiating. Armbian do not have a Xenial image for the Orange Pi + 2E so will need to find a way to overcome the same problem.

Regards

Carl Mawer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am trying to get an Orangepi plus 2e set up as an NAA.

I have the orangepi up and running using Armbian Xenial (beta at this stage)

I have used the Debian stretch armhf NAA image provided by Miska ( there is no armhf Xenial image available from Miska).

The Debian Stretch armhf.deb installs fine.

When I launch HQPlayer it sees the NAA and my dac. I can set an album playing but there is no volume.

Any ideas?

Do I need to ask Miska for an armhf Xenial download?

What is your DAC? If your DAC has volume controllable from software, check with "alsamixer" that you have set it to 0 dBFS. And that the volume control in HQPlayer is turned up to -3 dBFS or other suitable value.

Thanks Miska

Dac has no volume controllable software. (Audionote Dac with Luckit WaveIO usb input)

I got it working by uninstalling pulse audio and fiddling with alsamixer. (only took this unix no nothing about 8 hours)

Regards

Carl

• 2 years later...

Help Please

I have been using an OrangePi +2e for NAA successfully for a couple of years now. The boot disk became corrupted and I have flashed the Armbian 5.75 Debian Stretch 4.19.20 to a new Micro SD card. The OrangePi is up and running again.

Unfortunately I can not remember which of the HQPlayer NAA  .deb packages to install.

The OrangePi has an Allwinner H3 chip.

Thanks in Advance

Carl

Blast spoke too soon. HQPlayer keeps losing the device ( with NAA selected as backend in HQPlayer preferences the device box is empty)

Rebooting the OrangePi brings back the device temporarily. But play stops and the device connection has gone. Do you think this is something to do with the permission denied message in the screenshot of terminal above?

Couple of things are different from the set up that was rock solid before.

Under Backend there is now NetworkAudioAdapter IPV6 as well as NetworkAudioAdapter, Core audio and ASIO

When devices do show up there is OrangePIWaveIO (my DAC) and OrangePI audiocodec.

Could these "new" choices be associated with the Problems?

Thanks in Advance

Carl

On 3/23/2019 at 10:57 PM, Miska said:

I don't know, I install plain packages always though "dpkg" and not through apt which deals with package repositories, but I'm not sure how much it makes difference.

You could try running "apt install -f ; dpkg --configure --pending" or just "dpkg --purge networkaudiod" and reinstall with "dpkg -i".

Logs from NAA and HQPlayer side could tell more what is going wrong.

Hi Miska

Thanks taking the time to help me.

Installation using dpkg -i worked perfectly however with backend naa selected in HQPlayer preferences, devices show initially but are then lost during play. I have tried using older versions of armhf.deb that you provide with the same result.

I suspect that my Orange Pi +2e is beginning to fail.

Do you know if  http://www.orangepi.org/orangepipc2/

would work with the naa-356-x64 image that you provide?

Thanks

Carl