IGNORED

Software EQ vs hardware EQ vs high pass filter question

Hello,

This is my first post. Thank you for the opportunity to learn from you all.

I am going to be using some full-ish range speakers (B&W 803) in an apartment. I want to be able to cut out the bass amplitude/volume when appropriate for the neighbors.

Question: Which of the below options gives the best sonic vs adjustable results?

Itunes EQ

plugin EQ

hardware EQ between computer and DAC

hardware EQ between DAC and preamp

high pass filter between amp and speakers

Question: Can I use a software based EQ to turn bass down while still putting out bitperfect data to the DAC?

System: Mac with software to be determined -> DAC brand to be determined -> preamp/amp -> speakers

Hello,

This is my first post. Thank you for the opportunity to learn from you all.

I am going to be using some full-ish range speakers (B&W 803) in an apartment. I want to be able to cut out the bass amplitude/volume when appropriate for the neighbors.

Question: Which of the below options gives the best sonic vs adjustable results?

Itunes EQ

plugin EQ

hardware EQ between computer and DAC

hardware EQ between DAC and preamp

high pass filter between amp and speakers

Question: Can I use a software based EQ to turn bass down while still putting out bitperfect data to the DAC?

System: Mac with software to be determined -> DAC brand to be determined -> preamp/amp -> speakers

I had the same problem during my college days. Your speakers are front ported, that's a good start. My simple solution was to just go with an integrated with tone controls (in my case, McIntosh). Hi-end options are limited, but you have Luxman, Accuphase, Mac (as mentioned). Be advised, despite all my efforts I still got complaints. Good luck!