IGNORED

Referencing/Live Set Headphones

*EDIT* I would like to make a final decision today, so I can purchase my new cans..

Hey everyone! New to the forums here :3

I have been looking around for some referencing headphone, when I produce, electronic music, and for when I play some live sets... I need nice true sound, and decent low end, that's not colored.. I am coming out with my first EP, sometime in the new few weeks, so I need some new cans, to remaster the tracks...

Don't flame me, but erm... I am using SteelSeries cans... I recently started, investing in studio gear, so I did buy a nice audio interface, which is a Scarlett 2i2...

Preferences:

1. Closed Back

2. Flat True Sound, No V Shape w/e

3. Good Low End

4. Not Heavy

5. Good For Referencing, and Live Set Play

6. $50-$100 (Not looking for something like M50s (To much ^__^)

I have looked at some cans, already, like the CAD Audio MH310's, Superlux HD668B, and Shure SRH440s, and they all three look good... I think the CAD, is a rebraned 668B, right?

Thanks, Hope to have a good time, on the forums here..

SMOR3S - Kevin -

Focusrite Scartlett 2i2 - Akai Professional MPK Mini - Peavey i100 Microphone

Scarlett 2i2...

Superlux HD668B

Hi Kevin

Welcome to CA!

I have no time to chip in with a long answer - moving to a new house this week :)

But I can tell you that the SuperLux HD668B works very well with the Scarlet 2i2. I have this exact combination in use for about a half year now at my work place and use it both for recording tasks and music listening.

Cheers,

Peter

Home: Apple Macbook Pro 17" --Mini-Toslink--> Cambridge Audio DacMagic --XLR--> 2x Genelec 8020B

Work: Apple Macbook Pro 15" --USB--> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 --1/4\"--> Superlux HD668B / 2x Genelec 6010A

Hi Kevin

Welcome to CA!

I have no time to chip in with a long answer - moving to a new house this week :)

But I can tell you that the SuperLux HD668B works very well with the Scarlet 2i2. I have this exact combination in use for about a half year now at my work place and use it both for recording tasks and music listening.

Cheers,

Peter

Thanks bro, glad I joined! :3

I was also considering the Sony MDR v6's or the Sony MDR 7506's.. Can you relate to them? + I don't think the SuperLux HD668B's are closed back cans... That's one thing I need, is closed back :3

Thanks bro, glad I joined! :3

I was also considering the Sony MDR v6's or the Sony MDR 7506's.. Can you relate to them? + I don't think the SuperLux HD668B's are closed back cans... That's one thing I need, is closed back :3

Nah, they are semi-closed. In practice, I can listen to music at quite high levels without disturbing any of my colleagues.

Cannot compare from first-hand use, but have look here:

Compare Products : HeadRoom Audio[]=0020830668&buttonSelection=Add+Headphone+To+Compare&icn[]=0020550006&icn[]=0020557506

Also compare the frequency response and the impedance behaviour:

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=3301&graphID[]=1513&graphID[]=2361

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=7&graphID[]=3301&graphID[]=1513&graphID[]=2361

The Superlux has more frequency-stable impedance, a slightly (but not horribly so) raised bass fundament, and REALLY much more neutral highs.

Given the prices, I would order one and check if the semi-closedness is a problem for you in practice. Just make sure you can return them.

Cheers,

Peter

Home: Apple Macbook Pro 17" --Mini-Toslink--> Cambridge Audio DacMagic --XLR--> 2x Genelec 8020B

Work: Apple Macbook Pro 15" --USB--> Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 --1/4\"--> Superlux HD668B / 2x Genelec 6010A

Yes. And you need to copy the full URL ... somehow the forum software just recognized a part of them :-/

Cheers,

Peter

Yes. And you need to copy the full URL ... somehow the forum software just recognized a part of them :-/

Cheers,

Peter

I actually bought some Monoprice 8323's + a 10ft Mobile cable...

I actually bought some Monoprice 8323's + a 10ft Mobile cable...

Looks okay for the price: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/Monoprice8323.pdf

Not worse than the Sonys ...

Enjoy and come back with some feedback once you've used them a bit :-)

Cheers,

Peter

Looks okay for the price: http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/Monoprice8323.pdf

Not worse than the Sonys ...

Enjoy and come back with some feedback once you've used them a bit :-)

Cheers,

Peter

Ya, they should be fine, cause even InnerFidelity, rates them as $80 cans, and I love their reviews a lot.. It was a hard choice, from either these, or the HD 202's, but I feel the 8323's will be fine..

Thanks for everyone's feedback! I'll make sure to right a full review!

- SMOR3S - Kevin -