IGNORED

Help with DVD Audio Extractor

Hi there,

I am fairly new to this and could use some advice. I have the recent Genesis 1970-1975 boxset. SACD/DVD dics.

The discs have the following blurb with them:

"The SACD features the entire album in CD Stereo, SACD Stereo & SACD Surround Sound. The bonus DVD features the entire album in Stereo, DTS Surround Sound (24-bit/96K) & Dolby Digital Surround Sound (24 bit/48K"

Now - it's my hope to extract a 24/96 stereo stream from these. I only recently discovered [through here actually] DVD Audio Extractor and I had hoped this would be the very job. However, when DVD Audio Extractor scans any of the DVD discs it only seems to see:

English DTS surround sound mode (48Khz6Ch)

English AC3 surround sound mode (48Khz6Ch)

I don't understand this. I don't see anything for the Stereo or 96Khz files.

I can put the DVD in my Music Computer [which bitstreams to my amp], select 24/96 DTS and sure enough my amps reports that it is receiving 96Khz files so what am I doing wrong? If anyone can offer any advice I would be very grateful. Thanks.

The DVD may simply have no real stereo tracks and instead folding down the multichannel ones. Let me look at one of mine and give it a try (I ripped the SACD's via my hacked PS3 so didn't look in depth at the DVD layers).

Edit (again, 10 minute edit timer is not nearly enough time)

These DVD's have no linear PCM tracks so you are relegated to lossy AC3 extraction (mine shows as title 4). May not be worth it.

Edit (again, 10 minute edit timer is not nearly enough time)

These DVD's have no linear PCM tracks so you are relegated to lossy AC3 extraction (mine shows as title 4). May not be worth it.

Thanks very much for taking a look.

Tell me, can you see the 24/96 multi channel files?

It seems odd to me that my amp reports 24/96 when I insert DVD but audio extractor only seems to pick up 48Khz.

Thanks again - I appreciate your very fast response.

Those are extracted via DTS and not really true 24/96k. DTS adds a 24 bit 96k stub to their lossy core but it ain't pure 24/96k. not sure what happens in the DTS decompression to show that.

By the way, I take it back about no linear stereo PCM. It shows up as title 9 for me, and is simply 16/48k.