IGNORED

Mindawn downloads

I'm not sure why they want you to install their music player and ripper applications. That does give me a distinctly uneasy feeling.

They do say the music isn't DRM'ed, can be played on your iPod, etc. But then why the special software? I wish they were more clear about what that's about. And what is the additional software they require for Linux systems?

Sorry to be paranoid.

Steve

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Paranoia not justified

I have downloaded almost 100 albums from Mindawn no DRM, you do not need their ripper or player.

All my downloads have been flac and then converted with foobar to WAV with cue sheet to use with Cplay music player or to Apple lossless with DBPoweramp for my Apple TV. Down loaded files will play on any player and can be converted to any format.

CD quality, awesome music, great customer service (the owner answers emails himself), No worries. It is too bad there are not more services like this offering flac downloads.

Regards

Shawn

PC running XP pro, C Play, TC Electonic Konnect 8 Firewire to Spdif, 2 Lyngdorf 2200TDAi amplifiers, Synergy Acoustics crossoverless monitors driven actively by the 2200TDAi\'s, custom subwoofers driven by a Lyngdorf SDA2175

Shawn, thanks for your experiences with this. So it turns out that you didn't need Mindawn's special software at all, then? Somehow I got a mistaken impression from their website.

Great news, though. I'll look this over again. Glad you had such good experiences.

Steve

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.