IGNORED

Article: Tube Amp With USB DAC

I've written this company for a review sample and hope to demo it. This is one in a series of affordable vacuum tube integrated amps with on-board DACs. As they grow in number I am beginning to get a picture of what "sounds muscial" and all the others which do sound "tuby" except the midrange is now "mudrange"<br />

<br />

To risk repeating myself, as music file downloads are on the rise, CD sales drop. Music is now so easy to capture for a few pennies per track, music file servers, albeit your PC, IPod, IPhone, MP3 player etc, all mini servers need amplication. <br />

<br />

And then theres your PC which has the potential to store thousands and thousands of hours of music. 1-Terabyte hard drives are as low as $125. A USB cable is all that's required to get that digital signal from your PC into a amp like the Mini. <br />

<br />

Match this with a pair of decent speakers which can also be had for a few hubdred dollars and you have an Audiophile grade system for less then your PC. Those whom criticize the Chinese built integrated tube amps probably haven't listened nor opened any up. I have three on review all with excellent build quality, parts spec and ergonomically they are really cool.<br />

<br />

Most importantly these $400 ~ $900 products sound good, I mean imaging, sound-stage and musically involving good. This website continues to provide an excellent service for those unaware they too can be experiencing rather then simply listening to music.<br />

<br />

Don't forget the Tecon Model 55 and GLOW amp both with DACs both single ended!

Tecon Model 55 Sep (Burr Brwon DAC)[br]Peachtree Decco hybrid Phillips DAC)[br]ADM9.1 powered (Wolfson DAC)[br]Cain & Cain Abby passivw single driver[br]ADM-9.1[br]Assosrted cables