IGNORED

Problem with 44.1/16 files on iPad

I posted the following on SNA and didn't get much response. Anyone here care to comment?

I have been digitizing some vinyl to a Mac Mini in the 2ch system in uncompressed format, then wirelessly sharing it to iTunes on the main PC which I use for synching an iPad. I have been traveling a bit lately so wanted to hear a few new tracks on the plane.

This time I have kept the native 16bit/44.1k files either wav or aif on the iPad (just fitted on 64gig with all the other stuff) to supposedly give myself the best playback quality.

I am sure that there has been what I can only describe as occasional glitches of instability or variable decoding speed in the files as they are played back on the iPad. Seems to be lots of speed variations. The original files on the Mac Mini are ok. So they have to get to iTunes on the PC from the Mac Mini via the home wi-fi network, then synchronized, then played back on a iPad with a pretty full storage drive.

Has anyone experienced any issues playing high bit-rate music files on the iPad? Or any problems with wirelessly sharing files? There might be some issues with screen saver kicking in occasionally. Not sure.

2ch: LP12/Mober DC/Ittok/DVxx2 MK2, Auralic Aries G2.1, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Oppo BDP95, ME25, Pass Labs XP22, Pass Labs X260.8, MG3.7iR, Sangean WFT-3D

With Wi-Fi may be troubles with throughput.

1) See setting of energy saving, power, max speed, etc for portable player (if available) and for wi-fi access point.

2) May be need replace wi-fi access point for best radio receiving (no ferroconcrete walls for radiowave's way, up to ceiling).

3) How many you have wi-fi devices into media network? Make some radio networks.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature