IGNORED

High resolution recording

Hi

1.) I am looking for a Mac software that allows to record at 176,4kHz or 192 kHz to harddisk. So far I have only found Audacity to do the trick. You have to manually enter the bit rate. So does anybody know of a program that can record with this sample raste.

2.) In order to play this music back on systems not capable of the high rates I want to convert the sample rate to 44kHz, wich program comes to your mind?

Thank you for suggestions

Stephan

• 2 months later...

(1) As you are probably aware Mac inputs and outputs only go up to 24 bit / 96kHz, hence the answer to your question depends on what additional hardware you are using. The drivers associated with particular hardware (internal sound card or external audio interface) can extend this higher: there are many devices on the market (RME, M-audio etc) that allow recording up to 192 kHz. Once you have found appropriate hardware there are again several Mac software options that will pick up this hardware and allow you to record. I use Bias Peak Pro.

(2) I chose Peak Pro because it also incorporates very good sample rate conversion, so I could generate 44.1 kHz to make CD versions of my recordings.

Hope this helps

David

ALAC iTunes library on Synology DS412+ running MinimServer with Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet running BubbleUPnP for control >

Hi-Fi 1: Airport Extreme bridge > Netgear switch > TP-Link optical isolation > dCS Network Bridge AND PS Audio PerfectWave Transport > PS Audio DirectStream DAC with Bridge Mk.II > Primare A60 > Harbeth SHL5plus Anniversary Edition .

Hi-Fi 2: Sonore Rendu > Chord Hugo DAC/preamp > LFD integrated > Harbeth P3ESRs and > Sennheiser HD800