IGNORED

2009 Mac Mini will not stream internet music via wireless network.

My 2009 headless Mac Mini works fine playing iTunes being controlled by my iPod Touch and other Macs, but it won't open some websites and will not stream music from Hearts of Space, Calm Radio or any other music service for that matter, yet my iMac, MacBook and iPod Touch have no issues. Any ideas?

Are all those services Flash based? Have you checked to make sure you have an up-to-date version of Flash installed and that any Flash-blocking software is configured so as not to interfere?

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

• 3 weeks later...

I have updated the computer and scanned it with antivirus but still it opens some web pages slow, and will not stream music. I am not aware of any flash blocking software and have no way of knowing if I did. This computer worked fine and then started acting up when we moved into a new place, but used the same wireless router. All the other computers in the house (Mac and Windows) work fine but this one has me stumped. All I have done to this computer is download the necessary updates and added the "off" app for my iPod touch.