IGNORED

Window Home Server Compatible with Itune?

Guys,

I am thinking about converting one of my old Pentium 4 Dell PC into A NAS using Window Home server software. Based on all of my research, it seems like a win-win situation for my need. First, I recycle my old PC for minimal cost (compared to Thecus N5200 B Pro at $700), and I am not limited to number of hard drives and hardware.

Now, I am not sure if it would work with Itune library? I have not seen this mentioned in any reviews. Do you see any reasons why it would not work?

Thanks

Kent

My music PC runs both foobar and Itunes, sourcing the tracks from a HP EX470 Mediasmartserver (MSS) running Windows Home Server - ~4900 tracks, ripped mostly in AAC, but with increasing 24/96 FLAC and the odd HRx file as well...

The machines are linked via a hard ethernet connection running through a Dlink-N router - Wi-Fi should also work.

On the PC, I mapped selected server folders as network drives, and pointed the music players at them...

The MSS is also running Squeeze center - for smooth operation this requires upgrading its RAM to 2GB - with output to a Squeezebox/Duet.

Pls revert if further clarification is required.

Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Indra; Preamp: Spectral Audio DMC-30SS; Amps: Spectral Audio DMA 360v2 Monoblocks; Analog Cables: MIT Oracle; Power Cables: MIT Oracle; Digital: Bespoke Server [AO WinS16, HDPlex 400 LPS, Pachanko Loom, JCAT FEMTO NET & USB Card / Regen Isolator --> Vivaldi DAC and Clock [ChordMusic Clock Cables; Vertere HB Pulse USB]; Racks: Finite Elemente Pagode Edition HD4 and HD9 Amp Supports. Power: Shunyata Triton v3; DPC-6 v3