IGNORED

MPD client for Mac

lhissink

I run the Bryston BDP-1 via ethernet from a Mac system (I prefer Windows but the Mac-mini is used for the moment). Bryston's own music players are sort of ok via a browser interface, and Theremin is my current graphic client over ethernet. Bryston's main player (via Safari) has its quirks, mainly Safari I suspect.

Anyone know of a good client to manage the MPD on the BDP-1 using the Mac system?

There are plenty of Windows clients that are excellent but given the demographics of the Mac computers, I am a little bemused so little is available for the Mac platform that are as useful as the Windows clients, Gnome coming to mind. One way is to dual boot the mac into windows (groan), but the Mac platform that muso's favour is short on MPD clients????

Main issue is that the few clients I have used seem to focus on the artist, and not the album, and lack an intuitive playlist compiling system. This means I have go into the Bryston client, create the playlists, and then manage them using Theremin to play the music. Use the Bryston front end? Well, often I close the browser forgetting I am also using a tab as the music client, and the rigmarole of logging into the web interface etc is more of a hassle than simply running a separate graphics client like Theremin.

The preferred music import is via iTunes (ripping CD's as WAV's) or downloading iTunes as Mp4 lossless. These are then transferred to a USB drive for replay through the Bryston via a Berkeley Audio Design Alpha into the analog input of a Focal Bird system.

I have purchased Amarra and Puremusic front ends for iTunes to output via the Macmini USB; these are rarely used, though I do use the Mac straight into the Focal system for low res recordings etc in iTunes, Youtube and movies via DVD via the MF Vlink usb-sp/dif unit into the focal digital in. (That's an idea - play a movie in iTunes via Puremusic or Amarra.......hmmmmmm).

But cutting to the chase - graphical front end for Mac to manage the Bryston BDP-1 - ?????