IGNORED

HiFi Rose RS130 network transport

I owned the 150B and already have a couple of external DACs so swapped it out for the RS130.  The RS130 sounds noticeably better than the 150b (which I think sounds very good).  The differences are more profound when using the optical connection.  I'm using a Corning Single-Mode cable connecting two Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs and also have a Cisco multi-mode SFP-10G-AOC2M 2M Cable/SFP package to experiment with as well.  Looking forward to getting the final Roon certification in the next few weeks.

RoseConnect is fine, but I prefer Roon for ease of use.  It sounds like it shouldn't be too long.  I have an easier time with playlists, finding the "right" version of an album, and just all-around information with Roon.  I actually have two RS130s, one which replaces an Optical Rendu and the one that I mentioned earlier replacing the RS150.  I always use RoseConnect on the 150 to 130 because I often use the RoseTube output to my 4K TV in that room and have even done video playlists for parties.  It's a way underrated feature if you have a TV in the same room as your rig.