IGNORED

AVI ADM9 connections to PC

Hi

New to the forum so please forgive if this question has cropped up before. I am considering buying the AVI ADM9 active speakers to play my music through but am a little confused as to how it connects to my PC. My PC does not i believe have a optical output facility. Is there another option to make the connection? USB perhaps? Any advice/help most welcome.

Loz

Your best bet would be to look at Musical Fidelity's V-Link. Alternatively you could use a PCI sound card such as ESi Juli@. Other options exist but the V-Link is good value for money.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have since noticed my laptop has an output socket marked SPDIF and seem to remember reading somewhere that a connection can be made from this to the 'optical in' socket on the ADM9T. Is this the case? I'm somewhat a novice with this so all help very much appreciated.

Your SPDIF output is most likely an optical output, in which case you'd use an optical (toslink) connector. If it is a coax output, I believe the adm may have a coax connector as well.

A: Mac Mini => Peachtree Nova => LFD Integrated Zero Mk.III => Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 | Musical Fidelity X-CAN V-8 => AKG K 701

B: Airport Express = > Benchmark DAC1 => Rega Brio-R => B&W DM 601 S2

C: Airport Express => AudioEngine A2