IGNORED

Music won't Play in either Roon or Audirvana Plus

32 minutes ago, creativepart said:

@Jamesroy If you want specific help with your problem you need to provide a great deal more info about what you are doing, how it's setup, what it's connected too, what you've tried (beside rebooting your Mac).

I went into mysonicorbiter checked all settings which I think are correct. My setup:

Mac Book Pro 2013 with Catalina 10.15.5   2.4 GHz Intel Core

8GB Ram 250 GB SSD Internal drive
External 4TB WD HD with only Music 1,130 Albums

Thunderbolt To cat-6 Ethernet to New Netgear router, Cat7 ethernet to Micro Rendu,  Cables used Oyaide neo d+ Class A USB 2.0, Stellar Gain Cell DAC-Micro Rendu with latest Upgrade to make it close to Ultra Rendu
LPS-1 Power Supply-Grounded Cable, XLR cables to PS Audio M700 Mono Blocks 350 into 8Ω Paradigm Studio 100v.3 series speakers BiWired Spiked

Audio Software Roon latest version Demo

40 minutes ago, creativepart said:

@Jamesroy If you want specific help with your problem you need to provide a great deal more info about what you are doing, how it's setup, what it's connected too, what you've tried (beside rebooting your Mac).

I went into mysonicorbiter and checked all settings and they are correct. A+ will see microRendu but not play the audio. Roon will play the audio from internal speakers but not my system. I've been using it successfully past number of weeks. This just happened this morning. I am testing out Roon in demo mode and have been using A+ for a number of years.

11 minutes ago, davide256 said:

go into the menu as though you were going to change endpoint choice, pick the one you want, say yes to change, then reboot/power cycle

to make sure the configuration is refreshed

while I no longer have a MR it would on rare occasions stop stop talking to the USB DAC, acted like it lost configuration. This

was the general fix

what are "endpoint choices"?

3 hours ago, Foggie said:

Not sure, but it if it isn't showing up in ROON, then you need to access the mR through the web interface (192.168.1.x) whatever the IP is of the mR is or go to http://www.sonicorbiter.com/ to find out your units address if you don't know it. 

Then go into the audio app switcher section and select the ROONready that should get your mR set to be an endpoint and should show up in ROON

I just noticed I have a loose usb connecting microRendu to DAC maybe thats the problem.

16 hours ago, davide256 said:

1) unplug your USB to DAC cable and plug it back in

2) in  sonic orbiter select DAC diagnostics and verify  Sonic orbiter sees your DAC

3) see if you can see the MR after this from Roon core audio settings, if so make sure its enabled

You cannot attach a Roon endpoint if it doesn't have a working audio output (DAC)

All Of a sudden it let me select my DAC in "select audio device for this player"

Didn't help. I've been testing out Roon for past two weeks. So I know it works.

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

when you type inside the quote people can't see your response without clicking "read more".

1) Sonore has a help section on AS, that would be the better path to ask questions requiring expert help with the MR

2) before going there, you could try some other basic fault isolation steps

(a) your DAC has a headphone output, plug some headphones in and see if that gets you sound

(b) if that gets you no headphone sound, connect your Mac directly to DAC and verify that works with Roon audio for local connected DAC using headphones

It worked with Roon for a couple of weeks then just stoped.

19 hours ago, davide256 said:

A failed pre section in the PS Audio DAC would cause the same symptoms... best to verify it works with Mac connected direct to DAC so that you

have done verified fault isolation. If that works go back to MR and see if you get headphone sound.. if you don't you know its an MR issue. If you do,

then the problem is downstream from the headphone circuit in your PS Audio DAC

I don't know how to connect my Mac directly to my DAC?

On 7/11/2020 at 3:09 PM, creativepart said:

Roon won't see my MR or DAC here  is my setup:

Mac Book Pro 2013 with Catalina 10.15.5   2.4 GHz Intel Core

8GB Ram 250 GB SSD Internal drive
External 4TB WD HD with only Music 1,130 Albums

Thunderbolt To cat-6 Ethernet to New Netgear router, Cat7 ethernet to Micro Rendu,  Cables used Oyaide neo d+ Class A USB 2.0, Stellar Gain Cell DAC-Micro Rendu with latest Upgrade to make it close to Ultra Rendu
LPS-1 Power Supply-Grounded Cable, XLR cables to PS Audio M700 Mono Blocks 350 into 8Ω Paradigm Studio 100v.3 series speakers BiWired Spiked

Audio Software Roon latest version Demo