IGNORED

USB to I2S conversion and reclocking quality doubt

doraymon

Probably the most important step is getting a nordost 9 9s copper mouse and keyboard for the all important click “play”. After all, source first. Obviously you need an upgraded furutech usb socket for keyboard and mouse and hospital grade mouse mat. 

I wouldn’t even think about the rest of the rig until you have the front end sorted. 

You are not a sound quality measurement device

22 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Milt - I certainly hear you, but also suggest you look at analog playback chains. Turntables and all the accessories involved may have digital beat. I said MAY :~)

Hmmm

The thing with turntables is that you can replace bits with more elaborate parts at vast expense, but is it really so much about the signal path, more mechanical structure I would have thought (part from the crazy pre amplification)?

Turntable are the real audiophile device. You can change things to your heart's content with possibly audible results. That is the whole point of the hobby. With computers you require a certain "gift" to be able to "appreciate" how tinkering with them can affect the output. Sure I guess there are people putting fancy supports under their router, but the action is a bit more fiddling with the signal path. Still everything matters, right? 

You are not a sound quality measurement device