These oscillators you've tried, were 100mhz variants directly on the DAC, or on the module? 

Your module, depending on the design, maybe not be able to do 100mhz... But even so, It shouldn't damage the DAC. 

From experience, if you have a power issue in the middle 6VAC terminal, you will not get lock but the DAC will power up normally. 

How are you swapping oscillators? Did you add a DIP socket to the DAC? Are you sure you didn't lift a pad or anything? 

13 minutes ago, HallmanLabs said:

Yes, I have a DIP-14 socket installed to accept full size 4 pin oscillators (same ones I use on my Amanero) and I am very confident I didn't damage anything. I have been soldering for over 15 years, with over 5 years professionally. This oscillator module can do multiplex with the MCK/2 or MCK/4 and give the plain MCK signal all at the same time. I am sure it can handle 100 MHz as it is advertised as an upgrade for DACs and CD players. Thanks for the input! You don't think even if I gave the output of the oscillator pin the 3.3V power pin instead of the .5V signal it usually sees?  See photo of oscillator module below for the socket used.

Modded Clock Module Upgrade Caps_sm.jpg

Do you have schematic? This is the 9018 but Im sure they are same...

(9018 uses 80Mhz clock)

Are you sure about the voltages required at the clock signal pins?

New XLR ES9018 Schematic-diyhifishop.pdf

19 minutes ago, HallmanLabs said:

Yes, I have a DIP-14 socket installed to accept full size 4 pin oscillators (same ones I use on my Amanero) and I am very confident I didn't damage anything. I have been soldering for over 15 years, with over 5 years professionally. This oscillator module can do multiplex with the MCK/2 or MCK/4 and give the plain MCK signal all at the same time. I am sure it can handle 100 MHz as it is advertised as an upgrade for DACs and CD players. Thanks for the input! You don't think even if I gave the output of the oscillator pin the 3.3V power pin instead of the .5V signal it usually sees?  See photo of oscillator module below for the socket used.

Modded Clock Module Upgrade Caps_sm.jpg

The oscillator takes 3.3V input...I have no idea what it ouputs, typically...

6 minutes ago, HallmanLabs said:

Yeah, I have one of these high level schematics already that was updated for my board, but I do not have permission to share it. It is pretty close though.

I want the real schematic showing everything from power inputs to the outputs and all the interconnections. I am thinking about trying to make one. 

The pre-amp part of this DAC is pulled straight from the MBL 6010D design. I know because I built a clone of one, just haven't worked on editing the video for posting because this takes precedence.

Did you say you have a scope? Im sure you tested the oscillator output already....? If its fine, the chip maybe lost.

I have a spare (mounted) 9028 chip sitting here in front of me...just saying.