IGNORED

Roon Nucleus

Chris has a complete write-up (Check the Home Page of this site):

The Definitive Guide To Roon Optimized Core Kit (ROCK) 

I am running an i5 version of the NUC with ROCK now.  It is fanless and the size of a couple of decks of playing cards.  It replaced a fanless, headless, win10 server with a SoTM tx-usb card and Audiophile Optimizer.  The NUC is much simpler to maintain (ie. no maintenance at all).  It sounds about the same, certainly not worse.  I like it slightly better. On the win10 server I preferred JRiver to Roon - even though I used Roon most of the time because I love the interface.  The i5 NUC runs on the same JS-2 linear power supply that was running the win 10 server and tx-usb card,

BobH

7 hours ago, Kritpoon said:

How do you find the JS-2 powering the NUC (vs stock switching supply)? Is it worth while upgrade? I am very interested in your opinion, since I am deciding weather or not to embark on Intel NUC+ROCK+LPS route.

I had the JS-2 before I switched to NUC/ROCK.  I originally bought it for the win10 server (12v)/SoTM USB card (9v) I used with JRiver.  It looked very nice in my rack - no transformer dongles or thin plastic cables overcomplicating the area behind my rack.  I also thought it had a positive impact on the sound.  It is now running the NUC and the wireless switch in my home office.  I don't think I would buy it new specifically for the NUC unless you have a solid use for the second output - I believe there are other cost effective choices for a single output (NUC).

BobH