IGNORED

FOOBAR actual version palying DSD in native mode?

JackAC

16 minutes ago, JackAC said:

I don't have any problem with 176 or 352 PCM native files. They work flawless. When I try to play DSD256 with the new foobar setup , any it would be, I get the message " You device not support sample rates of 700kHz" ( or something like this ).

proxy_zpsweawzhtv.jpg

With XMOS drivers uou should use Mode 4.

DSD256 DoP is see by the XMOS driver as 705.6 or 768KHz PCM hence the error message.

As your DAC doesn't support DSD256 DoP, In the above pic you'll need to change in the 2nd column DSD256 to DSD128 for all 48KHz based sample rates: 48, 96, 192 and 384KHz.

BTW, there is an error with 352.8 configured to DSD128 when it should be DSD256. The screen capture was done quite a while back and it also shows V. 0.9.2 proxy.

• 3 months later...

I have not used my Combo384 since I got the iDSD micro but I had no problems with it running native DSD through foo_dsd_asio up to DSD512 into a Buffalo III DAC. I can't see why it wouldn't work with DSDTranscoder if properly configured. As the plugin by itself outputs DoP it is limited to DSD128 on the Amanero which is fine if you don't want to upsample to higher rates.

Sorry, I don't quite follow what you are trying to say.

Since version 0.9.7 SACD plugin only outputs DoP so either foo_dsd_asio or DSDTranscoder are necessary to output native DSD.

For native DSD with DSDTranscoder it is necessary to have SACD plugin (with or without DSD Processor which also outputs DoP) "output mode" set to DSD (or DSD+PCM) -->  Playback/Output/Device set to DSD:ASIO:DSDTranscoder (DoP/Native) --> Output/ASIO/ASIO Drivers/DSDTranscoder set to Combo384 and the desired sample rates set to DSD.

That is correct. 

The 1st column is input from SACD plugin or DSD Processor, the 2nd and 3rd columns let you configure output type depending on incoming sample rate and base FQ.

In the picture below all 44.1K DoP DSD incoming from the plugin is stripped to native DSD while 48k is left "as is" which is what works best with XMOS based devices like my iDSD micro. As the Combo384 supports 48K  based native DSD you could change all sample rates in the 2nd coumn to DSD aswell.

4448_zpstyixs5sx.jpg