IGNORED

Oppo Sonica DAC coming Fall 2016

Looking forward to your review!

Best Stereo System: Wired Sonos Connect -> AQ Cinammon Digital Coax -> Marantz SA-8005 -> AA Black Momba 2 interconnects -> Marantz PM-15S2 -> Kimber 8TC speaker Cables -> Zu Soul Superfly speakers.

Ingest> NAS> Distribution: Sony Vaio Laptop ripping via ITunes to Apple Lossless, manually synced to WD Mycloud NAS, Linksys 1900AC Router, Netgear Gig E switch, generic Ethernet cables, TPLinc ethernet power line extenders.

No doubt this is interesting, but perhaps you should take this off-line and put your URL in your profile instead?

Offering to mod the first Sonica for $100 plus my cost of parts plus return shipping. This is for any level of mod. I will have mods for $250 on up. This is a one time thing so one of you adventurers out there will get the ride of a lifetime.....he he.

Best Stereo System: Wired Sonos Connect -> AQ Cinammon Digital Coax -> Marantz SA-8005 -> AA Black Momba 2 interconnects -> Marantz PM-15S2 -> Kimber 8TC speaker Cables -> Zu Soul Superfly speakers.

Ingest> NAS> Distribution: Sony Vaio Laptop ripping via ITunes to Apple Lossless, manually synced to WD Mycloud NAS, Linksys 1900AC Router, Netgear Gig E switch, generic Ethernet cables, TPLinc ethernet power line extenders.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, zilch0md said:

It's having been manufactured in Dongguan, GuangDong, China has had no impact whatsoever on my appreciation of the Sonica DAC's excellent build quality and performance.  In fact, my favorite headphone amp is also made in China and has performed flawlessly for five years and counting. We can't stereotype all Chinese-made products as "cheap."  There are a lot of American companies who tightly control the quality of their products and many who don't (no matter where they are manufactured.)

iPhones are built in China and they have great build quality.

I've had an electronics product built in China for work.  Once the line is set up correctly and the software & firmware are ready, I would think that an electronics factory in China would have no trouble meeting whatever quality metrics are specd by the client.  It's up to the producer, in this case Oppo, to have a robust spec and ensure that it is implemented.

You should try Oppo cust svc and their support forums...

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2017 at 1:15 PM, Hikmer said:

I had my Sonica modded by EVS and it sounds stellar.  Recommended if you want a simple DAC that does hi band wireless.  Much more detail, separation and nearly complete lack of glare and digital edginess.  Haven't enjoyed digital this much in years.  Out of the box, the Sonica is somewhat disappointing.  

Can you share please the contact info/URL for EVS?