IGNORED

Date notation driving me nuts

I thought it was all about the Porsche! By the way, I drove a 911 for the first time over the weekend at the AXPONA audio show. I wouldn't mind owning one either :~)

I always thought it was a "sign" that my birthday and the car I wanted were aligned and that fate would deliver - unfortunately the financial aspect of the equation is dragging it's heels ;)

Maybe if you'd spent less on audio gear...

The problem is that even if I'd spent $0 on audio gear, I still wouldn't be close. The taxes on "exotic" cars here and Porsche's pricing policy has made sure of that. In 2011 (the last time I seriously looked) a new 911 costed AUD 160k more in Australia than the USA!

BTW - apologies to the OP for drifting off topic.....

From memory, the metric system came in in my later years of primary school and of course I could not imagine now using the old system.

I do find however that there is one exception where even younger people sometimes revert to the imperial method, and that is with a person's height. For example, it is reasonably common to hear someone refer to another person or themselves as 5'10" and not 178cm or 1.78m (rounded).