IGNORED

T+a dac 8 dsd

Thanks sbenyo. As I said above, I had exactly the same problems as you regarding the visibility of the service tool. I followed your suggestions regarding the compatibility settings and then I was able to open the window (which was only just visible at the bottom of the screen) and run the firmware update, which went smoothly. I then installed Amanero CPD1081 with 2006be10 and I have just played DSD512 for the first time from Linux . Success!

• 1 month later...

Blue2 - I do not have a Windows renderer for comparison, I use a SinatureRendu which is  Linux based. So it was just a matter of allowing higher rate DSD playback for the limited music that I have that is greater than DSD128. Upsampling to DSD512 has been a bit unreliable on my server so I have tended to not use it. I know that it is claimed that the DAC8DSD is best at DSD512 but I have generally preferred PCM to DSD. Obviously this is an individual equipment and taste preference (and perhaps an unwillingness to invest in a higher power server with attendant noise and cooling problems!)