IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

The differences are listed on Intona's website and I repeat them here:

Standard Version: 1kV isolation, standard temperature grade, standard connectors

Industrial Version: 2.5kV isolation, specified isolation working voltage, extended temperature grade, high retention connectors

For audio use, standard version is sufficient. However, as you read there're incompatibility issues related to some DACs/USB converters and so you'd better check with Daniel at Intona before you buy.

Do you think the sound quality will be equal between the standard version and the industrial version? Would be great to save a few $'s.

Thanks!

You listen to music at home, so there's really no need to have 2.5 times the isolation. The 2500V isolation is required when you have a USB sensor, like a high voltage (>1000V) probe connected to a computer. There needs to be a higher barrier in place, in case the USB sensor shorts, it won't deliver the full voltage to the computer and blow the motherboard to charcoal.

For audio, we don't encounter such levels, typically our voltage for USB is 5V, extremes might be 20V if all goes pear shaped. A lightning strike can even destroy the 2500V version, so no need to put this into the equation in the decision making process.

The connector on the 7504-X version is a locking one, which is a plus, but 99.3% of the time, the isolator is in a fixed position at home.

I'll eat my isolator if the two versions sound different.

Thanks! Apparently there are some other opinions as well, which is fine of course.