IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

Interesting reading these comments...thanks for the feedback.

I've never found "galvanic isolation" in DACs to be a big deal universally. Most well made DACs are designed such that any noise induced would be 110db below the signal level even without official "galvanic isolation".

Nevertheless, it appears that the Intona is benefiting some DAC/server combinations, which is both interesting and puzzling at the same time.

BTW guys, there is another Regen type device out there for you guys to play with...BMC PureUSB1. I believe it's actually been out longer than even the Regen/iFi devices, but it got no traction/reviews. I understand it will be getting a rave review online soon, so I'm sure some of you may want to give it a try/comparison.

Scuttlebutt is that it compared favorably to the Regen, but it looks to me like just a hub inserted into a USB cable.

I'm sure one or more of you will try it at some point. After trying a bunch of these devices/power supplies/etc, I'm done for awhile. However, if I hear something worthwhile at CES next week, I'll try to post.