IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

Sorry for the silly question guys but I understand the Intona is powered directly by the same USB port from the computer, right?

And I also understand that many folks here are plugging in an additional device to "purify" the power coming from the computer.

But if the Intona provides galvanic isolation why would I need to clean the input power? Isn't that what the Intona does in the first place??

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia 

You don't need to add anything before the Intona. The Intona stops the noisy 5 volts coming from the computer USB, and sends a new clean 5 volt supply to the DAC. You can experiment putting an Audioquest Jitterbug on the computer's USB port, but it is not necessary.

And yes, the Intona provides galvanic isolation from the computer. I have the Jcat version of the Intona. I recommend it strongly for anyone using a computer as a server (I use a Mac Mini). I had the ifi iUSB3 for several months before the Jcat/Intona. It is good and improves the sound, but the Jcat/Intona is much better (in my system).

That's what I thought, thanks! By Jcat you mean the industrial version? why would this be any better thn the normal one? I undertsand that the advantage is only a higher voltage protection?

Thanks a lot!

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia