IGNORED

Which one to buy: UpTone USB REGEN or Intona USB Isolator?

I have the industrial version of the Intona. From PeterSt recommendations, when I ordered it, I asked not to have the led blinking when playing music. Daniel of Intona graciously agreed to do this modification, so the led stays steady (no blinking) once Windows is loaded.

This Intona device is intriguing: for a good while there was no such USB isolator for the highest speeds.

If you are going the route of optimising by having no blinking LED, assuming there was a circuit causing its own digititis there, why not turn out the LED completely?

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Hi YashN,

See Intona High Speed USB 2.0 galvanic isolation, it will help to understand :)

I am not sure this is what you mean, but if I was to open it, I am sure I would make a mess and completely destroy it (by accident of course) ;)

No, this isn't what I mean in my post, and the thread doesn't add anything to what I already know.

If we're going so far as to disable the blinking LED by disabling a circuit which makes it blink, why not remove the LED completely for better SQ.

Isn't that already clear here?:

If you are going the route of optimising by having no blinking LED, assuming there was a circuit causing its own digititis there, why not turn out the LED completely?

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

• 9 months later...

All this chaining prompts me to ask: where are we in the progress of making the USB interfaces within DACs more robust?

Is that the question, or is the question where are we in the progress of making USB sources more robust?

My belief is that the damage is already done when the signal leaves the source device. There is only so much that can be remediated downstream.

No, I was really asking about the DAC's USB interface, at reception.

The approaches are not mutually exclusive, especially if you are using a usual USB (analogue) cable in between.