IGNORED

Good dacs with balanced outputs

Chord are a highly responsible and professional company with a proper "bricks and mortar" factory in the UK. I like the fact that I can return my 11 year old DAC64 to the same factory where it was built, for an overhaul. I like the fact they are then prepared to offer a guarantee on a 11 year old product and even for that guarantee to be transferred to a new owner. I'd say they were the epitome of a trustworthy company, in the market for the long term.

Spot on. I have a DAC 64 MKII several years old (with Balanced and RCA outputs BTW) and I took it for an upgrade to their factory in Kent, SE England.

They let me into their workshops and everyone I spoke to were friendly and were clearly enthusiasts for good engineering and long lasting service. They did the work whilst I waited. How many DAC suppliers do you know who offer such service?

Zenpmd - I suggest that you listen to their DACS before making ill-informed criticisms about Chord Electronics. Their DACs are very good indeed and have Balanced Outputs.