IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

Yes of course. By the way I'm ready for the futur....

I can't imagine better sound I get, by other ways...I'm sur that streamers and Co are fare behind !! Don't forget the sonic result of a system is the match of several elements, not only the source indeed it is to me one of the most decisive factor with the room.....

Theoretically you should get the best sound quality via USB asynchronous.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.-

Groucho Marx

The Qualiaphysic PSU was delivered today. My first impressions are very positive...the Brooklyn almost sounds like a different and better DAC!

After the long burn in period I intend to write a mini review of the Brooklyn+ Qualiaphysic.

Groucho Marx

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25298[/ATTACH]

Yes. It's official! Firmware V2 with official compliant MQA Decoder has been released!

Press release is available here:

http://mytekdigital.com/download_library/press/Mytek_Press_Release_MQA_Firmware-2016-04-10.docx

We are very excited to hear what will you hear with Brooklyn DAC at the 2L "MQA test bench"

Thank you for all support!

Regards, Michal

Well done Michal and Mytek!

Groucho Marx

Hi Michal

Could you please add a 'display completely off' option to your list of future features? (while playing music and while in standby)

If you sleep in the same room as you listen to music, then it is rather annoying (and disappointing) to have cover the display with a piece of cardboard at night Thanks!

+1. My issue exactly!

Thanks in advance too!

Groucho Marx

Maybe this could be combined with an automatic shut down to stand-by. Time based, after so many minutes of silence on all the inputs.

In stand-by the Brooklyn consumes now only 2.1 Watt.

Marc

Do you know how much it consumes being on with no active input?

Groucho Marx

Another very efficient solution to the noise issue with low output mc cartridges is swapping the internal switching power supply with an external linear regulated one. This option provided by the manufacturer is very easy to implement and does not only solve the issue mentioned completely but also improves the overall sonic quality of the dac even further.

I agree completely about the sound quality improvement you get by using a good external linear PSU. I think it makes the Brooklyn sound almost as a different DAC.

Groucho Marx

It makes one wonder: which one is the best, which one is the cheapest, and which one is the best value.

Marc

AFAIK the Qualiaphysic one has great specs and it sure works wonders. Not the cheapest though.

Groucho Marx

That isn't cheap. But I asked it because one of these days my Brooklyn gets the treat he deserves, which gives him all the goodies and more that are reported to be the goodies of an external power supply. I want to preserve some money for that purpose.

Marc

I think you won't regret it!

Groucho Marx

Did you have it on all the time? Mine now sits on the table, waiting for its treatment; no way to get burnt-in. I do hope that Mytek releases the update before May 20, when I have my next update chance.

Marc

It has been on most of the time, yes.

PS As the screen is an LCD one I'm hoping it's not burnt in but simply suffering from retention and will get to normal again.

Groucho Marx

It has been on most of the time, yes.

PS As the screen is an LCD one I'm hoping it's not burnt in but simply suffering from retention and will get to normal again.

In fact it's a pair of OLED ones. But still hoping the retention will be temporary.

Groucho Marx

Nice! Look forward to hearing how you get on with it. I'm quite interested in that Qualia Physic SV but not sure I'd want to take a 520 euros risk on it without reading more comparisons. Also a picture of its internals would be good.

I bought the 6,6 A model that was replaced by this one and I couldn't be happier.

The level of silence, detail, timing, smoothness, soundstage precision has increased to a level that makes the Brooklyn sound like a different better DAC IMO.

Here's a picture of its internals:

http://my-hiend.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/in04.jpg

Groucho Marx

Many thanks, Octavius. Looks very well-made! I think the HDPlex has a similar amp rating at 12V, so I will use it for a while anyway.

The HDplex is noisier so that's why I went for the Qualiaphysic.

Could still be an upgrade over the internal switching one though.

Cheers!

Groucho Marx

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know how difficult it is but still think it will be possible with a future firmware update.

About the display's image retention issue I talked about, Mytek has just asked me to send my DAC to their factory in Poland (as I live in Europe).

My first impressions about Mytek's customer service are quite positive BTW.

Groucho Marx

• 2 weeks later...
Out of interest. What cables (USB and SPDIF) are my fellow Brooklyn owners using? I'm interested to see how much of a difference spending money makes vs broadcast spec cables like Belden 1964a with Canare phono for the SPDIF

I use a Tellurium Q Black.

With my previous DAC (Audiolab 8200CD) it made quite a difference.

Never bothered to test the Brooklyn with a generic cable though.

Groucho Marx

• 2 weeks later...